Anything on making new textures for terrain?

For the life of me -- I can't find anything ANYWHERE about making textures for the terrain of a unique worldspace.

I initially believed that it would be the same (if not a similar) processes as making different textures for static objects. Boy was I wrong. I can't even get to the vanilla texture because I don't know what to look for. 

Any help is progress, thanks!

I want to make it clear since I didn't in the original post: I know how to replace "general" land textures. I'm asking how I can replace the default land texture used when making a new world space.

I don't know how to change the default texture. I've never bothered. You can just paint over it anyway so no biggie.

To create new textures you need to create a texture set first and point that to your new dds texture. Then create a new landscape texture using that texture set. Texture Set and Land Texture are both under the Miscellaneous section in the GECK. You can also find the existing landscape texture sets and land textures under those sections of the GECK if you want to use those as a basis for your new textures.