Newbie need help for a simple enchant edit

Posted (edited)

So im trying a simple enchant edit to boost Dawnbreaker to "Excells in its job" category by changing its enchantment to force its "On kill" explosion all the time (thats done) and changing the enchantement damage to 20 Sun damage with triple damage vs undead

Problem is I cant find anywhere the magic effect damage type,output and multiplier in the effect data screen within the CK

Ok so magnitude would be the damage value after trial and error, but I can't find how to add a multiplier vs undead only

Looking DLC1EnchSunDamageUndead that state triple damage vs undead gave 0 insight on that matter

Edited by alphafr

Posted (edited)

After googling for some time I found I can use the silver enchantement conditionals to only affect undead target type not a multiplier but I can add flat damage to undead only so its the same

Also changed the visual enchantment fire effect on target to sunfire from dawnguard while at it, more fittign and less visual clutter from the flammes

Tho I cant manage to find where to change the on kill AOE damage

EDIT: checking the script attached I found its damage come from a unique spell

Now I got the echantment it to where I wanted it but I don't know how to export only the modified elements as a mod

Edited by alphafr

You're on the right track.

To save your changes in a mod, you actually need to start over. Whenever you make changes in the creation kit, those changes are saved to the "Active File." So open the creation kit, double-click the Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm, and Dragonborn.esm (you can skip the three DLC files if you aren't editing something from the DLC). Make sure they all have the X next to their name, but none of them say "active file". Then click OK.

Once it loads, click "save" in the top left corner and type a name for your mod. This file will be your mod file, and is now the "Active File". Make all the changes you want, and then save again before closing. If you want to go back and edit your mod, open the creation kit, click your file, and select "set as active file", then click OK. You will be back in your mod file to continue editing.

If you saved any changes while any of the vanilla files were marked as the active file, then you need to delete files you changed and redownload them from Steam or wherever you get your game copy from. Never save changes to any of the existing files, always make a new file first and save your changes there. Other mods rely on the vanilla files so changing them will cause your other mods to break, and probably crash your game.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 1:16 PM, Theweasels said:

Other mods rely on the vanilla files so changing them will cause your other mods to break, and probably crash your game.

Not to mention, your changes will be undone if a game update ever replaces those files.

2 hours ago, alphafr said:

Granted all changes done are unique items/effects do I still start over to export them?

You might well have to.  Take notes of what changes you made, so you can make them again in a new file.