(Could Someone Explain) Ambient Sounds (and also birds)

Hi

My first question is about the general ambient soundscape that plays in the background of the game. I mean the kind of sounds that "Audio Overhaul for Skyrim" and "Immersive Sounds Compedium" change. The kind of background sounds that make the exterior worldspace feel more alive.

Are those sounds really all attached to the green sound files and nowhere else?  I need to go to audio-->sound markers, and start dropping them in? There is no package for "pine forest ambient sounds", for example? Something that would play in the background just like the background music does? No ambient soundtrack exists?

My second question is about placing birds in my worldspace. The bird of prey is fine, but I cannot get the "small bird" critter to work in game. If I drop one in, it stands there like model of a bird. No animation plays. Does it require some extra step? I really did try to find info on this but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance! 🍕

There are also activators which have sound loops. Nirnroot is an example there, as well as idle portals and such which hum when you are near them

Bird nifs use ni controllers to fly pre-set wide paths which to a passerby will easily look random and not robotic, even though it kinda is robotic. As for why they don't seem to work.... well... IDK I never bothered much with birds, but I would suggest glancing at a mod esp which does things with birds and see what they do, and reproduce it to your liking on your end

SFX attenuation, the closer you are the louder it is, the further away the softer it is, until it stops all together, so the first step is preparing the sound correctly  before attaching to any object

EDIT if your bird using custom animations, you need to hack the skyrim animation registry, with either FNIS or Nemesis, if you using the vanilla chicken one, it should work out the hat, if done correctly, no idea about making birds fly

BTW EDIT#2  attenuation is handled in the kit, use either wav or xwm sound files for LE, but SE is optimised so just use xwm OK, wav is an uncompressed format

Ok, thanks guys. I'm ok with the robotic original look, as long as the birds are doing something. I'm trying to find a bird in Skyrim so that I could see what that does. I'm not importing any custom animation though; I'm not that advanced. I just wanted some life to my scene. But maybe I could try to find the chicken animation and put that on my bird? I never thought of that.

Yes, the sounds arrange themselves but the sad part is that I can't see the sound range. but I can hear it when I test, so I guess that's not so bad. I'm not bringing in any own sounds for this mod, because that would mean acquiring a new skill. Maybe for some later mod.

Smallbird01.nif doesn't work. Period. It is not used in the game. The mesh is a mess and the textures are horrendous.

I've been trying to fix them myself, got to the point of getting them to spawn at least (with new mesh and textures). Once I resolve the behaviours I was thinking of releasing it as a modders resource. Sorry that doesn't help you right now but at least you can replan around the birds.