The main menu?

I'm working on the doing of DynDOLOD for Seasons of Skyrim, step by careful step.

I have found that Finding Derkeethus had a duplicate reference that didn't show up in the latest LOOT nor did xEdit clean it... it actually works fine but some reference is just read badly by xLODGen/DynDOLOD. This happens; I got a bad CELL reading from Bellyache's New Dragon Types. Again, the mod works great in normal skyrim, but it reads... wrong to DynDOLOD. (I may need to tell Sheson...) So, they're gone, TexGen's gone, rebuilt the Bashed Patch and the load order and I'm trying again.

I just have one question and I apologize if it makes me seem a moron: When Sheson's advice is to start the game to main menu so the configuration files are generated then exit, is that the logo screen with Continue/New/Load or the Menu Screen in-game? Because this is something I do NOT want to foul up.

When you start the game from the Steam launcher (or other source launcher), a configuration window with mainly graphics settings will open up.  Not a launch through the SKSE loader.  That is what Sheson is referring to.  If you are loading from a downgraded, or less-than-latest version of Skyrim, make sure that you have protected your game from updates, and set the applicable appmanifest files to 'read only'.

Thank you. That's all I needed to know. I believe I'm in the latest Steam (Until Todd decides to spit on Skyrim again).

My Skyrim configuration files are loaded in from outside anyway (NVIDIA GeForce Experience) so that was already accounted for, as it turns out.