A Dissatisfactory Ending To A Rescue...

DirebearCoat

So, this is the second time I've completed the rescue mission to get that lady's son rescued from the Thalmor prison.  The first time, I went in brute force and slaughtered the Thalmor.  The Lady's son grabbed a knife and urgently wanted to get out of the stockade.

I played neutral, so the civil war was still on.  It made sense for him to feel unsafe returning to Whiterun and so he ran off to join the Stormcloaks.

Made sense.

Second time, I sided with the Empire and the civil war was over, with Ulfric dead.  What'd I get?  The same exact ending!  A most dissatisfactory ending!

It seems to me that since the civil war is over, and Ulfrec and his cause are dead, AND since General Tulius issued an order, ordering the freedom of the Lady's son, that he would not have any such fears about returning home, not to mention that there isn't any Stormcloak rebellion to join, or war to fight.  It's over.  So, he should have gone home to Whiterun.

With him returned home, and the brothers able to live freely and openly in Whiterun, the civil war is over, you'd think that there would be an opening for a possible reconciliation between the Greymanes and the Battleborns...

• Like 1

just another unfinished, unpolished quest... i loved the 'brute force and slaughtered the Thalmor'... i go in using stealth and backstab everyone (seldom caught), but i can see your method working too...

• Like 1

Adavald doesn't get news in the torture dungeon

When he escapes, Dragonborn stays silent, "who is going to tell him?"

He must find out on his own. Be nice if someone made a mod where he returns and says you could have told him the war was over.

• Haha 3