Mod Request: shipyard parts banking & ship disassembly.

I'd like to be able to buy individual ship parts (cockpit, engines, habs, whatever) at a shipyard, store them and assemble them later at any other shipyard. Or buy (or steal) a full ship, strip it for parts and reassemble with any parts you have previously purchased or stripped. There would need to be some sort of "banking" system for holding the parts for later assembly as opposed to running around with tons of ship components in your pocket.

This process could be tied to one specific shipyard to make that location more interesting and worthy of visiting often, such as an orbital space station / shipyard or could be set for use at any shipyard for easier access.

I'm certain this would be a royal pain to implement, especially with how new the creation kit tools are and the obvious learning curve that needs to take place to get familiar with the new tools. But whatever could be done towards this type of ship building utility would be greatly appreciated.

Cross posted from my original mod request on reddit: 

Edited by lazloarcadia

+1. It really annoys me that parts you've bought just go to waste if you want to change things up. The idea of certain space stations/shipyards acting as chop shops sounds pretty cool lore-wise too!

• Like 1

When you remove/change a part on your ship, you get back some credits for it.... just, not very much. I think it's only like 10% of the value of the part that you paid....