help to convert hdt skyrim le armor to a hdt smp skyrim ae armor

I want to convert an armor I liked that is hdt Skyrim LE to HDT SMP Skyrim AE. I know I have to open and re-save the mod in the creation kit to change the form id to 44 (skyrim AE) and if necessary after testing optimize the meshes and textures if needed. The one thing I know little about is the animated part of the mod. Is it even possible to go from Skyrim LE HDT to Skyrim AE HDT SMP? I once read they use different types of code, but don't know how to convert this or if it would be possible to import the LE mod into AE and drop the HDT part of the mod. Or can I drop the HDT part when importing the mod and add HDT SMP to the mod later? Also how do I do this? I have no experience modding with HDT SMP for Skyrim AE or HDT for Skyrim LE. I do know a little Blender and have some experience with the Creation Kit and Nifscope. Any help would be welcome. If this was already asked point me to the post and I can check it out.

No I haven't yet. I do know I have to change the form id in the CK first as Skyrim AE will not launch a Skyrim LE esp at least as far as I know. It has a different form ID. Beyond that I have not tried running it after changing it to a Skyrim AE esp. Probably worth a try just to test whether it runs or not though. Still even so I'm not sure the HDT part would run right as it is also a different system in LE versus AE. I did consider just converting the esp though and dropping the HDT file altogether already though. Also then as a regular non HDT armor mod it should run fine in theory anyway. Though I should test this. Still I really did want to keep the HDT part of the mod too. Thanks for the reply. I will give it a run in AE and see what happens with the HDT included or not included in two test versions.

You could convert the outfit like normal but you would need to strip the old LE HDT out of it and rebuild it from scratch in SE.

Search youtube for videos from Sunjeong on the subject of adding HDT SMP.

12 hours ago, thestormdragon said:

No I haven't yet. I do know I have to change the form id in the CK first as Skyrim AE will not launch a Skyrim LE esp at least as far as I know.

Who told you that?   I just downloaded   Sword of the Septim emperors   for LE,   dropped it into my Vortex for SSE and installed it (my game version is AE 1.6.1130).   Checking in SSEEdit  confirms it has form version 43,  and launching the game I can obtain and use the sword just fine.

The only 'adverse' effect of straight up loading an LE mod into AE is that I get a 'Designed for a different game'  warning in Vortex.