Harold in New Vegas

ArcadeRigged

Before I get the comments I know I'll receive, I know TTW exists. I do not like Fallout 3 enough to warrant an installation of TTW.

One thing that always bugged me was how Harold was in DC. I was thinking of a mod for a while now about putting him, and by extension Oasis, in the Mojave. I quite like the quest in 3, one of it's better parts imo. With the power of AI I feel like you could change the dialogue ever so slightly to fit in the Mojave. Think about it, Mr New Vegas commenting on how the quest pans out, npcs talking about how rumors of a lush green paradise exists somewhere, a secluded area that no one knows about,  the ending slides as well. I genuinely feel like it could be a great idea.

Then do it? There's mod that arrange for picking up location of MOthership Zeta in Mojave. NO reason you can not build an Oasis in that desert~

The hardest thing would be terrain placement. Harold himself doesnt actually matter that much, unless you also did the hard work of doing his NEW dialog.

Edited by laclongquan

It would be much less of a "wonder" to see the trees in NV, as it isn't as desolate as the Capitol Wasteland. Look at Jacobstown or Zion. With how hard DC was hit by the bombs, it's much more believable that someone had "never seen a tree" before stumbling upon Oasis, developing a cult of followers at the miracle that is sprouting life. But with all of the untouched areas in and around Cali/Vegas, that would be much less special of a thing. 

I too am not a huge fan of "he roamed across the entire continental US, from coast to coast, finally putting roots down in DC". Seemed unnecessary. With how difficult it was to cross the US by foot (or wagon train maybe) in the past, and then add the dangers of the Wasteland to that, my personal lore says that shouldn't be done very often, if at all. But the writers didn't ask my opinion, and I don't really see gutting FO3's content to force something into NV that just honestly doesn't fit as well. 

Like laclongquan said, nothing stopping you from trying to build something yourself. Maybe you'll find a lot of players agreeing with your own personal lore. But it may be more difficult to find someone to do it for you..