Problem with radiant quests and dungeon mods -- solution ?

csbx

Through testing for a mod I'm releasing soon, I've been playing through the radiant system--e.g. via companions quests.

One thing I noticed is that at least on my system, some of the most popular mods that add dungeons throughout skyrim add dungeons to the radiant pool that mean that the player at level 2 can find themselves stuck having to traipse through and complete a level 50+ dungeon before advancing with the companions.

Is this something that's just happening on my system or do others find this as well ?

E.g. I note that with Hammet's dungeon pack 1, the areas listed as the uber-uber-hard ones, were popping up at me at level 1. You either have to abandon the companions questline or cheat your way through the dungeon to advance, or progress 50 hrs of gameplay to get to an appropriate level.

Is there a setting that defines when a given dungeon is offered up as a possibility for the player that bears in mind their level ? E.g. if the player is level 1-10, the radiant system offers up the pool of possibilities among dungeons that are no harder than, say, level 20 ?

After looking at the mod in sseedit, I see that the mod author sensibly put the min. level for the encounter zone to 30.

I guess my question is--what might be causing that to be totally ignored by the radiant system ?

Edited by csbx

I also would like an answer to that question.

Just recently I was sent by Farkas to a location for Trouble in Skyrim to kill the leader of a dungeon that was added as a radiant quest by Roderick Redbeard.

This was the first radiant Companion quest, I believe. Roderick Redbeard does not even appear until after you become the Harbinger of the Companions.

9 hours ago, wfandrews said:

I also would like an answer to that question.

Just recently I was sent by Farkas to a location for Trouble in Skyrim to kill the leader of a dungeon that was added as a radiant quest by Roderick Redbeard.

This was the first radiant Companion quest, I believe. Roderick Redbeard does not even appear until after you become the Harbinger of the Companions.

Well that's pretty odd ! Do you think this is a vanilla skyrim problem in your case ? Or is it a dungeon added by a mod ?

It is not so much the level that concerns me but the locations.

Where I was sent by The radiant quest "Trouble in Skyrim" was "Harald's Haunt" in Lake Ilinata. You needed a key to enter, which I assume was provided by Roderick Redbeard when he gave you that quest. I used the console to unlock the entrance otherwise I would have been unable to complete the quest and would have needed to go back to a save before I was given the quest by Farkas.