Turning the Federal Surveillance interior into an interior settlement Some questions. Please help me save time while making this!

M00NC0BBLER

so I've always loved this interior space and I've always wanted to turn it into a home. But there's a few things I don't understand.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldDzigAiV3Y&t=2s&ab_channel=Felloutislife)

That's the video I'm using to help me out. From what I can gather I need to set every single floor and wall tile to a specific value to the area that the settlement.

workshop stackable item is set to 1.

workshop item overlap is set to 8.

Now those are the values for the simple space that author is making and I realize those values are reflective of that space. i'm guessing their an X,Y type values.

But how am I to know the values for the space I'm trying to change?

What other things am I to expect from trying to make an interior that you'd all learned before me?

Sorry if this has been asked before. But to the nature of moding it's hard to word questions in the same way.

I've never done it before but if i were to attempt it i would examine closely someone else's mod to see how they did it. Not Just Basements mod has like fifteen different interiors in one file.

Note: The actor values you are listing relate exclusively to placing items in the workshop. Stackable item will allow another item to be placed on to it. Floors and tables need this value, walls and lamps don't. Correction it's the other way around, the lamp and the table need the value to place them on another object. The floor actually needs a specific collision type to place objects on it. Overlap determines how far (in game points) another object can clip into that object when being placed.

• Like 1

If the tutorial is telling you to do that in order to place objects in the workshop then that tutorial is mistaken, it is not those values that let you place objects on them in workshop mode. Since you can't alter base meshes without breaking precombines in every cell that references them a workaround is to place a layer of DCkitMudGround01 meshes just under the floor.

• Like 1

No its not that. sorry. In that tutorial they have an one floor and eight tile room as an example. So the author set those character values to reflect that space? But the author doesn't say if those character values represent that or even what they do.

So if i'm trying to make Federal Surveillance  into a settlement does that mean I need to put those character values to what matches the Federal Surveillance room and how would I know what values to put? 

i'll look around for another tutorial. I'm just trying to save myself some time and effort before i waste more of my time already doing dumb  things.

regardless thank you!