Crash after about 30-40 minutes! Included load order!

Rcmo

Thank you for reply. 

Its weird, photos on my PC are really good quality. Yeah i was thinking disabling mod after mod, but the problem is that its not crashing at once but after 30-40 minutes. So sad that Buffout 4 is not updated fir next gen yet.... 

Have you updated the game with all those mods? how did you do with F4SE? If you haven't updated the Buffout 4 game it works..

Temporarily downgraded to pre-patch to make Buffout 4 work..
or

delete all the .ini files inside the Fallout 4 folder (except the Saves folder obviously) and recreate them via Steam perhaps adding the strings for the loose files if necessary. Then try playing the vanilla game again for over half an hour.
----> I would also check the temperatures and fans in this heat, in game I would try to activate the fans at maximum speed and monitor the temperatures, the problem could resolve itself in this case.😉

Edited by WastelandProject

I will go with binary search... 

One question thou... I had Scrap Everything mod when i started my playthrough but i deleted it because it caused some stuttering for me. I remember i scraped 2-3 small grasses but i also remember i loaded save game before i scraped and then deleted the mod. But lets say in case i scraped something and keept going with my save, is there s chance that this can cause stuttering/ crashing down the line even when not in settlement? I don't get any stutter or crash in settlement i used the mod. 

40 minutes ago, Rcmo said:

But lets say in case i scraped something and keept going with my save, is there s chance that this can cause stuttering/ crashing down the line even when not in settlement? I don't get any stutter or crash in settlement i used the mod. 

As long as you scrapped only in settlements cells far away shouldn't be affected. I scrapped half Sanctuary Hills (big cleanup) and that does not influence my performace e.g. in Boston.

Every mod increases the payload for the game and your computer. Especially graphic mods and high res skin mods that affect npcs, too. Your graphic settings come on top. That's where you could begin your search. You could try to lower your graphics setting in FO4 launcher to minimun and see whether your game becomes stable. If so you can increase your setting step by step. Especially distance settings, shadow distance and quality, lighting, god rays. And don't forget to disable weapon debris in any case. When you do so and have the weapon debris crash fix you should disable this for testing. When all these measures don't make your game stable the binary search is certainly a good idea.

Okey i may have pinpointed the issue. It seems that ''Long Loading Times'' mod causes crashing.

Author recommended setting bQuickLoad line in ini. file to false. I was running a game without any crash since.

Ofcourse i will try other methods if its crashing again. 

• Like 1