Anyone willing to help me make a custom follower?

Dorian948

I try for a while now to make my own follower mod, but I'm not satisfied with the results at all.

I used the Skyrim Creation Kit, but ran into several issues:

-Upon loading the game, the characters face is completely grey

-Apaprently, to temporarily solving this, I have to press CTRL+F4 with the character selected in the Creation Kit to apply the textures, but then it refuses to load any part from plugin mods, so the character has no hair and the default eyes.

I have no patience for this anymore and thought that it would be the best to pass the torch to someone who is not a complete noob in modding and actually knows what they are doing. If anyone is willing to help me, I can provide the characters face data and any specifications. This mod shall also not be for public use, it's more a private request.

Thanks to anyone who will help.

If you provide the  files,  I can take a look.    My general workflow for creating a new NPC (or replacing a vanilla one)  is to create what I want in Racemenu, potentially starting with a preset.    So if you create the looks you need in Racemenu and export a preset, that preset should be sufficient...

Dorian948

To solve your question, you need to familiarize yourself with the NifSkope program. You will need it many more times in the future.

Spoiler
  • Having understood the principle of operation in this program, you will discover another very necessary facet of working on mods. Which will be useful to you more than once in the future.
    You can do a lot of useful things in it for your modifications. In your particular case, you can make your subscriber's head appear in the game exactly the way you like. And replace it if you don't like it anymore.
    And replace it if you don't like it anymore. With eyes and hair, eyebrows and mouth... You can take the head of any character, from the game or from any mod where there is an NPC with a head that is pleasant to your eyes.
    The main thing is that the "donor" should be of the same sex, weight and skin color. And use NifSkope to pass all the parameters of this head to your partner. Yes, if you wish, you can do this even for any NPC.

Unfortunately, this is my first post on the site. I have not yet fully figured out all the features of the text editor (in which I am currently writing).
    And besides, I don't write in English (this is an important point) I use a translator... so I'm not entirely sure that I managed to convey to you the main idea - NifSkope is your salvation in such matters.
    Here you can see (if you understand Russian, then you can listen) how everything described above was done by man. At least, if you're interested, now you know "which way to dig"  😉