CAN'T START NEW GAME PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VearCon64

I just installed starfield on a new pc try to start new game does the loading circle thing in the lower right corner of main menu stays that way forever WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS f*#@ING s#*! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Keelo6969 said:

Modded version? or vanilla?

Modded DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT: After downloading a clean new game save I found  I can still load saves, but now I have a host of new problems. One, all helmets on everybody are invisible, which in and of itself makes the game unplayable in my book. Two, the quality of the game is absolutely abominable no matter what I try. Its all grainy and shitty like I'm on a f*#@ing crt. This never happened on my other PC and I fear it has something to do with the Radeon graphics on this PC (The other was NVidia) even though I tried tweaking the settings in the radeon software and the in game graphics settings to best quality. DAFUQ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VearCon64

You have mod issues. Your best bet is to start over again, with a fresh, clean install of the game, make sure it runs...... Then start adding mods one or two at a time, and again, verify the game will start.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My issue is similar to VearCon64s' problem.  My computer is not new. I built it almost 3 gens ago.  I run a Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+, 64 gigs of 3600 hz. GSkill memory. Along with two, 2 tb Samsung 990 Pro M.2 for storage. Mostly I have had no problems with Starfield until the update immediately following the " Big Kahuna " update. Then I could not get past the loading page.

I have deleted all mods. I have uninstalled Starfield 4 times trying different approaches to this problem. Tried it with and without any mods. Hell, I even uninstalled Vortex thinking " why not ? " But I have had not a thread of luck solving this. If anybody wants to have pity on an old man, send help . . . Lol. Or a solution ? 

Thanks for the ear ... 

angrymonkey66

P.S.

I am NOT currently playing Starfield .. 🫠

Edited by angrymonkey66
explanation

There's a thread over on the Baka Achievement Enabler mod page about several people having to re-install Microsoft's redistributable VC++ to get the game to work. You might want to give that thread a look.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 6:35 AM, HeyYou said:

You have mod issues. Your best bet is to start over again, with a fresh, clean install of the game, make sure it runs...... Then start adding mods one or two at a time, and again, verify the game will start.....

Did that, it did fix the "crt graphics" issue, although the game still doesn't look anywhere near as good as on the other PC. Guess Nvidia really is the way its meant to be played lol.😆

Pretty sure this is not a hardware issue but a mod issue, turn your mods off start you game, save. Then re-enable mods and see if that fixes it. Given how many things mods can change, it's trial and error toggling one at a time to find the culprit.

Keep in mind the community is finding a few mods that break the game. Rotated engines is a mod that prevented my new games for example. Despite being a cool mod, have to turn it off to start a new game for example.