Flower Remake Request

Posted (edited)

Never mind.  Unable to post pics of flowers.  I got all the images under 500KB, and when I posted the next pic, it asked for the file to be even smaller.

I don't know how to do this, so I'm just deleting my request.

Edited by DirebearCoat

You could put them on an image sharing site like Gyazo or Imgur or Lightshot, if you're bumping against forum upload limits.

And yah, the forums give you a certain total size limit (per month, I think) for uploading files.  You might be able to free some up by deleting your earlier attempts (under the Other Media ▾ button), rather than wait for it to reset.

On 7/6/2024 at 2:50 AM, DirebearCoat said:

Never mind.  Unable to post pics of flowers.  I got all the images under 500KB, and when I posted the next pic, it asked for the file to be even smaller.

I don't know how to do this, so I'm just deleting my request.

Use paint dot net and clip and reduce them as necessary to contain the useful information while reducing footprint. When saving, save as jpgs, and when the screen pops up asking for compression, set to 87% (87% is considered "good enough" for "general" web image compression). This last step (the compression) can save enormous amounts of file size.

Remember that forum images are generally needed to represent a forum subject, not to enter photography contest 

They need not be full frame, they need not be 600dpi, or 4k wide images. They're just large thumbnails