Construction Set "Invalid Directory" Error for Shield mesh

I recently got into modding and just tried to make my first item; a playable version of the Fighters Guild wall shield decoration.

I was able to separate the model from the swords, made it the correct size, and gave it the texture from the actual decoration object (I copied the textures and made a new directory for them under "Armor" in textures).

For some reason though whenever I go into the CS and create a new item and click my .nif file in "WorldModel" and "Male Biped Model" I get the error that states "Invalid Directory".

Does anyone know how I could possibly fix this? My mesh is under "Oblivion/BSA Commander/bsacmd/meshes/armor/mymod" and my texture is under "Oblivion/BSA Commander/bsacmd/textures/armor/MyMod".

The folder structure should be:

Oblivion\Data\Meshes\armor\mymod

Oblivion\Data\Textures\armor\mymod

If you are using the vanilla textures without modifications, you don't need to copy textures at all. Just provide the meshes, and the vanilla textures will be found automatically.

6 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

The folder structure should be:

Oblivion\Data\Meshes\armor\mymod

Oblivion\Data\Textures\armor\mymod

If you are using the vanilla textures without modifications, you don't need to copy textures at all. Just provide the meshes, and the vanilla textures will be found automatically.

Ok so I was able to get the shield in game, the only issue with it is that it has no physics and appears in the center of my body instead of on my arm, apologies Im very new to this. 

7 minutes ago, Lukazilla said:

Ok so I was able to get the shield in game, the only issue with it is that it has no physics and appears in the center of my body instead of on my arm, apologies Im very new to this. 

There is a big difference between static objects and items that can be handled. A shield needs collision, physics and attachment to the skeleton so that it would appear in the right place and move with the NPC.

I think an easier approach would be perhaps to take one of the standard shields and replace the mesh with the one you want. Or even just the texture, which is a lot easier. I think the Mithril shield has a very similar shape. Such a swap would preserve all the physics and attachment points and only change the look of the shield.