Help Creating a Quest Script for a Terminal

jedp15

Trying to setup a script on a terminal wherein if a player reads an entry on the terminal, the quest objective will complete and the next quest stage will start.

The problem is, with the script I attached, when you click it, you can't access the terminal, yet the quest stage will start as if the terminal's been read. And in no case are you able to actually read anything on the terminal. You hear the "click" sound but that's it.

Here's my script:

begin OnActivate
    if (GetActionRef == player) && (GetStage AerieQuest == 20)
        if GetNoteRead AerieSarahLog1 || AerieSarahLog2 || AerieSarahLog3 || AerieSarahLog4 || AerieSarahLog5 || AerieSarahLog6 || AerieSarahLog7 || AerieSarahLog8
            SetStage AerieQuest 30
            AerieActivatorCleanupREF.enable
        endif
    endif
end

----------------------------------------------

I tried removing the 'GetNoteRead' function since I wasn't sure if it would work on terminal notes, but that didn't change anything. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by jedp15

Yes, instead of having the script run on activation of the terminal, you want your script to be in the actual entry you want the player to read. There is a specific spot within the terminal entry you set up for such a script, the Item Result Script.

It does not need a begin/end block, just your "if getqueststage == [previous stage]" then "setstage to [new stage you want]" and your endif.

Posted (edited)

Ohhh, didn't even see that in the GECK, that's perfect, thank you!

There's 8 possible entries that can start the next stage, so will add...

if GetStage AerieQuest == 20
    SetStage AerieQuest 30
    AerieActivatorCleanupREF.enable
endif

...to each entry. Sweet.

Edited by jedp15