Problems with some animation mods

AhriLT

Hi,

I have been troubleshooting this for like 5 hours now and I finally decided to post here for support as I'm out of ideas.

I've started SSE today and I've installed many mods that I used to have in Skyrim LE. However, some of the animation mods that I've installed on Vortex are simply not detected by FNIS nor Nemesis.

The ones I've been troubleshooting with are:

Pretty Combat animations
Smooth casting animations
Smooth magic idle animations

Here is what I already tried:

- Reinstalling the animation mods
- Loading the mods in a different order
- Reinstalling FNIS
- Checked the requirements, I have all of them
- Installing an older version of FNIS
- Manually placing the animation files in the data folder

Some animations are loaded and working perfectly. It's mainly the three mentioned above.

I've been rebuilding my Skyrim LE mod lists plenty of times from scratch without any problems. There, it's mostly install & play whereas Skyrim SE seems to be a whole different story.

What am I missing?

20 hours ago, AhriLT said:

Pretty Combat animations
Smooth casting animations
Smooth magic idle animations

Do I understand correctly that you're trying to install Skyrim Legendary Edition animations into either Skryim Special Edition or Skyrim Anniversary Edition? I'm pretty sure there are many Skyrim LE animations which simply don't work in the new version.

I haven't tried any of the above animations in Skyrim SE/AE so can't speak to whether you're doing anything wrong.

However, I do suggest you consider trying combat animations you are sure are made for Skyrim SE/AE. You'll have more success if you try that, and there are many beautiful animations from which to select.

Finally, I noticed Nemesis comes with some pretty animations out of the box without installing anything new.

So I install Nemesis, picking the animations I like from its installation FOMOD, and then I install whatever animations I like over it. I recommend the Dynamic Out of Combat Animations as last in your load order for weapon stuff because they're beautiful.

I think where you may be going wrong is trying to actually install the legacy animations. I don't think you need to do that anymore to get them.  🙂