Game gets stuck after asking if I want to load a save file or not

Chino10091

I uninstalled a mod, tried to load that save file for my character, it says "This save relies on content no longer present..... Continue loading?"

The thing is I can't click no, yes, or anything outside the prompt and none of the keys work except the Windows key. I could open up the console but again, couldn't type anything.

The mod I uninstalled was Craftable Ammo - MZO Edit by MZO9400 and the esp's are: Craftable Ammo - MZO Edit.esp and Craftable Ammo - MZO Edit - NG.esp.

I understand that installing and uninstalling mods mid-playthough might cause some problems but it seemed safe to uninstall but guessed wrong. I'm not well roped in the knowledge or understand much about modding so this could be a simple fix or not. I believe this isn't the mod's issue but very well could be.

I'm on the Next Gen (1.10.984.0) of Fallout 4 and using Vortex,

much thanks

Edited by Chino10091

I started having the same issue with a new install of the latest NG update. This was alongside startup freezes that needed a fresh desktop launch with all mods disabled to be able to progress to the start menu, after which rebooting from desktop with mods enabled worked. But then I would get the save load freeze. Weirdly starting a new game would work, but it would glitch out again after a reboot, needing the double start and a new game again.

The short version is that for me it came down to start menu mods I was using (Immersive Main Menu and CCCleaner) which were interfering with the new Bethesda.net login/CC popup of the current NG update. Removing all Start Menu mods fixed my issues. I read some comments recommending to use CC message remover mods for similar issues, but in my experiments I found it did the opposite with the recent NG patch. It seems that with the new NG update, mods that interfere with the start menu and the Bethnet login/CC popup may start to cause issues.