Skyrim se vs Skyrim LE

aldar

So I finally broke down and purchased Skyrim SE after playing Skyrim LE for 13 years. Well right off the bat after character menu the Imperial Captain disappears and we are all just standing there waiting for the first Stormcloak to get his head chopped off! No big deal since I am an experienced Bethesda gamer! So moving along I start MO2 and set up my mods THE WAY I LIKE TO! 2 Days of installing mods and checking and came to the conclusion I am returning to SKYRIM LE !!! You have got to be JOKING!!! SE is better?!?!?!? I know LE and how to navigate its bugs and its MODS! So a BIG UNINSTALL for Steam and Skyrim se. LE is the way to go!!! SE is full of Garbage anyway!!!

Maybe you should be looking at the Skyrim SE forum?  Click on 'Game Communities' at the top of the page, scroll to Skyrim, select Skyrim SE.  You must join to post.

BTW, for me, SE was immediately an improvement on LE (I got the upgrade immediately when it was offered).  If you got v. 1.6.11xx, then there are a LOT of problems/conflicts that you need to check on, the massive additional CC content needing unofficial fixes and patches among them, and Beth's tying of the game to Beth.net for their mods...

Any use of SKSE for the new stuff, there is a nexus.wiki on compatible replacement/upgraded mods at ( https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7531Leonidas said:

(I got the upgrade immediately when it was offered).

Yah, SE appeared in my Steam list for free too when it came out in 2016.  I suspect they gave it to everyone who had LE at the time, whether they'd bought the game and the expansions separately (like me) or bought it all together as part of the LE release.

(I've only been playing SE more recently on my current computer though, since I figured LE -- without any high-res texture upgrades -- was a better fit for my old computer.  Plus I still have some LE characters I'm not done with yet.)