skyrim se downgrade to 1.6.1170

crotugar

I let steam automatically download updates 😞 After the recent update my mods don't work anymore so does anyone know of a way to downgrade back to skyrim 1.6.1170? My mods won't work with any other version and i was unable to find the downgrade anywhere online.

Weird idk why skyrim creashes on start up then, I didn't change much... The small tweaks i did make i reverted but no success, I was sure things broke cuz of the update 2 days ago.

Thanks though!

Almost seems like my whole game has somehow broken.... Im just gonna start all over again, One thing I did do that might have caused this is run the loot tool and cleaned the things up that loot told me needs cleaning, maybe this caused it?

If you run Vortex, do NOT run a standalone version of LOOT, it can mess things up.  Simply use the 'Sort Now' feature on the 'Plugins' page of Vortex, or the 'Deploy Mods' feature on the Mods page.  MO2 and NMMCE are different, and I don't know if the advice is the same.  Did you try to 'Verify Game Files', and re-run your game?

28 minutes ago, 7531Leonidas said:

MO2 and NMMCE are different, and I don't know if the advice is the same.

With MO2, you can use either the built-in LOOT via the Sort button, or add standalone LOOT to the Run pulldown and launch it from there.* 

The Sort button is easier and quicker.  But if you set a lot of your own custom sorting rules, you might want to run standalone LOOT instead, so you have access to LOOT's full interface and options.

* launch it through MO2 there, the same way you'd launch the game itself, the CK, or xEdit.

Edited by AaronOfMpls
  • Like 1

I am using vortex i do run a standalone version of loot yes but i did couple it to vortex, i used seedit to clean certain files loot recommend to clean up including root files. Today i verified my files through steam to offset this but that didn't do the trick 😞 so in the end i deleted everything and am rebuilding everything from scratch.

This was my first time being serious in modding so i learned plenty to hopefully not make the same mistakes.

5 hours ago, 7531Leonidas said:

If you run Vortex, do NOT run a standalone version of LOOT, it can mess things up.  Simply use the 'Sort Now' feature on the 'Plugins' page of Vortex, or the 'Deploy Mods' feature on the Mods page.  MO2 and NMMCE are different, and I don't know if the advice is the same.  Did you try to 'Verify Game Files', and re-run your game?

Question, I am playing with northern road right now trying to get it all to work properly. Thing is I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this through vortex itself, i tried managing rules even tried making groups for this... didn't seem to work. Loot on contrary is just one click and it works no probs.... So could you give me some tips on how to go about it without the loot tool?

Alright I kept playing with things and turns out the mod wasnt being automaticly sorted in vortex, this is why thing didn't want to work.... nvm what i asked above thank you for the help!