How would i view assets in unusual file types (.mdl, .ptb, and .tiles)?

I believe this fits here, not exactly sure, as it is a software question.   I have been wanting to look into the assets of a 2004 game to see how everything was put together, but I cannot do anything with the files as they are .mdl with .ini files, .ptb files, and .tiles files, how can I go about finding out what the assets are and view them or convert them to a more normal file type? I have tried several file converters, file readers, extractors, etc. and none can read the files.

.mdl files are text files, open in any text editor.

.ini files should also be text files.....

.ptb music files??? Supposedly for creating sheet music, somehow, I don't think that's it here...... other option is ProfiCAD title block..... of course, that software is designed for use in creating electrical diagrams...... That doesn't seem quite right either....

.tile files are images. Need a specific viewer to see them.... or, there are online utilities to view, maybe edit, or convert them to some other format. (.png, for instance)

the .mdl and .ini files go together and as far as I know the .mdl should be for a sprite such as "cleanerbot01.mdl" which is paired with the "cleanerbot01.ini", I can read the .ini files and it tells the .mdl what the sprite should do as expected of an .ini, but so far I haven't found any program that can read the .mdl files, and in a normal text editor its shown as what appears to be encrypted text and binary text and I can't get anything to read it.

it seems as though the .ptb is used in the game as information for what layers tiles should be on, as they are listed "ep01lvl01.ptb", "ep01lvl01bg01.ptb", "ep01lvl01bg02.ptb", and "ep01lvl01Fg01.ptb", and is in the same folder with the .tiles files, its possible they could be audio related, but the music/ sound effects are generally .wav files so it seems unlikely. and the .tiles files are also not reading in most utilities as they come out as encrypted or binary as well.

thats the one i found and it accepts the file but only shows a header, and combinations of M,Q,$  as seen below, which i have run through other programs and they say its either binary, or messed up UTF-8. here is an image of what the file looks like.
 image.thumb.png.a3ade1369c608f69964e797c74fe8344.png