HELP! Starfield Menu No Longer Working!

Manelin

Hello!

I began encountering an issue today where all my saves have vanished (not from the folder in which they are stored), but there is no longer an option in the menu to play my saves. Furthermore, when I click newgame, it simply just doesn't load a new game... it's just stuck with the spinning loading icon. This seems to only be happening when I install mods from vortex. 

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it completely, and redownlaoded all the creations from the official menu, and the game works fine. There's only a few mods that I'm trying to use through vortex and when I install those, it seems to break the game. My starfieldcustom.ini is installed and everything... I'm wondering if it's the SFSE or something else. It also doesn't seem to fix it when I uninstall all the mods from vortex... it just breaks the game. CAN ANYONE HELP!? 

image.jpeg

Update your mods mate 🙂

Identify the culprit and ask for an update

Edit : sorry I didn't pay attention to the last sentence. Mod Organizer 2 is much more reliable than Vortex for this game in particular and will never have irreversible effects on your core game files.

Thanks for the reply, 
All of my mods are up to their current version. I'm unsure what the issue is because they were all working yesterday. And just today it has caused a problem. I do think it's sfse because i installed just sfse and it broke the game. 

I suspect you installed it wrong.....  I don't recall if Vortex does a proper job of it or not..... I *think* that's what I did though.... Otherwise, its just extract the appropriate files to the game install directory.... and start the game with SFSE_Loader.

• Like 1

Upon further investigation... it seems any mods I install through vortex break the game. 🤷‍♂️
It's not even sfse... i installed one mod that doesn't require anything... and it broke the game. This wasn't a problem before a few days ago.

Did you 'enable modding'? Or whatever vortex calls it??

On my system, Edits to any of the ini's in the My Games\Starfield folder don't always work as they should, and I have to go in and edit the starfield.ini in the game install folder.... No idea what that's all about...