BG3 Patch 7 New mod manager and the future of mods here in Nexus

FredKarrera

I'm having issues too after updating Vortex. I don't get the failed to write load error anymore, but I can't load any of my characters, which I figured would happen. However every time I open Vortex now after the update, I get two messages in the upper right that pop up and say "Importing LSX" and "Reading Pak files, this will take awhile". I can start a brand new game, however no mods are present. I'm thinking of uninstalling all of my mods, uninstalling Vortex, updating the game again to vanilla, then reinstalling Vortex and then my mods. I'm hoping that works. The messages I keep getting are making me think something between Vortex and BG3 aren't communicating. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Sorry if this has already been part of the discussion, but I've been trying to follow along so that I can play again, and haven't been able to use any of the steps I've seen above to fix my problem. I've done the Vortex update, and have tried disabling known problematic mods. However, when I try to load an old save, I get a screen to select mods, and no matter what I choose there, the screen below when I try to start. Only way out of the bottom screen seems to be to CTRL-ALT-DEL out of the game. Any help would be appreciated,

image.thumb.png.61088ec243fe340064fc40002fcc3549.png

On 9/7/2024 at 9:27 PM, Nimiar said:

This is an odd take to me. I understand why folks might be annoyed at having to change their existing modding flow; change is tricky sometimes, and comes with challenges during the transition. But *new* does not mean bad, just new. Larian has been both very up front about their plans (so this shouldn't come as a surprise), and very fanbase-friendly in involving the community in developing their mod support. The doom comparison to Bethesda doesn't hold up when you look at how Larian has approached this development.

I am personally very optimistic about the new tools. I think it's awesome that the company put time and resources into officially supporting mods. Give it some time for folks to start converting existing mods over to the new format, and give it some time to see what is possible with the new tools.

Larian also has said they aren't removing support for any existing scripting mods; they intend for folks to be able to keep using many of the favorite mods already out there, and that they are not trying to prevent anyone from using third party modding in any way. They have said you can still keep using nexus for mods if you want, they will just focus on officially supporting their own tools and system. Which makes sense! They have done this before with their Divinity Engine.

Of course Larian as a company cannot support or allow copyrighted material, or material that is "discriminatory, racist, obscene, libellous, offensive, or likely to adversely affect the reputation or goodwill of Larian Studios". That's completely reasonable and normal. Nexus mods has the same rules about what mods can be posted, just less oversight because of the volume they maintain.

TL;DR: Give it some time. New patches always break stuff, but updates will come. It's really great to see a company officially support modding.

It's not about us not knowing or being prepared - it is at all not about it. As grateful I am to Larian - I just want to play my game the way I want it, after year of these wonderful, but always breaking everything - patches. I am a busy woman, I have no time, nor skill to constantly le-learn things. They worked, it was awesome, easy and effortless. Mod kit is understandable for consoles, but PC does not need another month of broken patches. It has been a year of that pain, let us be Larian.

Edited by hanulkaos
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, 

I don't know if i'm the only one but you can see attached to this message some problems when i want to play BG3 with patch 7, despite following procedure...

Moreover, how can be sure that texture pack works corretly ?

Thank you for your help...

Capture d'écran 2024-09-11 230235.png

Capture d'écran 2024-09-11 230241.png

So....Are we still waiting for Larian to fix said issue that's causing no mods to show up? Is there any work around? I tried going to the Patch 6 beta thing and that worked for a little while and now my mods aren't working at all.

14 hours ago, leo716 said:

So....Are we still waiting for Larian to fix said issue that's causing no mods to show up? Is there any work around? I tried going to the Patch 6 beta thing and that worked for a little while and now my mods aren't working at all.

It's not on Larian to fix your mods.  There are certain mods, that when activated, deactivate all mods.  Go through your mods, figure out which ones are doing it, disable those mods.  Then most of the other mods should work.  This is your job, not theirs.

• Like 2

My game is toast now. I can't advance the game because of a specific mod .I complained on the mod page and the mod author it seems didn't take kindly to my complaint and blocked me. 

First time that ever happened.

I think the Nexus has gotten too big for itself when a mod is defective and you can't complain about it. 

I won't say which mod it is as I don't want  to be accused falsely of being abusive so I won't be using that mod and may leave nexus altogether.

I disagree with Ajunta.If a mod causes a problem the mod either needs to be fixed or removed from the Nexus. 

I did ask Larian to remove the mod  from their listing as I feel it is defective. I might get in trouble with the Nexus for doing that but so be it.

Edited by ANGRYWOLVERINE

I got a new PC today, since all mods dont work on MAC from Nexus mods. However, as stated above, nothing works with the game, and the mods Larian offers as default are lame in comparison with Nexus mods. If there isnt a fix to this problem i will go back and play on the mac, where at least 60 per cent of the nexus mods work in one way or another, but not always fully, and often with conflicting results. Why did Larian not incorporate the nexus mods that are the best on the gaming market?