BG3 Patch 7 New mod manager and the future of mods here in Nexus

FredKarrera

On 9/17/2024 at 3:09 AM, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

My game is toast now. I can't advance the game because of a specific mod .I complained on the mod page and the mod author it seems didn't take kindly to my complaint and blocked me. 

First time that ever happened.

I think the Nexus has gotten too big for itself when a mod is defective and you can't complain about it. 

I won't say which mod it is as I don't want  to be accused falsely of being abusive so I won't be using that mod and may leave nexus altogether.

I disagree with Ajunta.If a mod causes a problem the mod either needs to be fixed or removed from the Nexus. 

I did ask Larian to remove the mod  from their listing as I feel it is defective. I might get in trouble with the Nexus for doing that but so be it.

but you do realise the mod authors work for free
and  it is a hobby for most of them?
Every mod on Nexus is a gift to you,
maybe you should think about it.

"so I won't be using that mod and may leave nexus altogether."

if you don't understand this, maybe this is the best thing for you

23 hours ago, soulextasy said:

I got a new PC today, since all mods dont work on MAC from Nexus mods. However, as stated above, nothing works with the game, and the mods Larian offers as default are lame in comparison with Nexus mods. If there isnt a fix to this problem i will go back and play on the mac, where at least 60 per cent of the nexus mods work in one way or another, but not always fully, and often with conflicting results. Why did Larian not incorporate the nexus mods that are the best on the gaming market? 

You have a new PC, installed everything for the first time and nothing works?
Then you have done something wrong.
No, Larian doesn't have to search the Nexus to integrate the mods you like best.
If you want to play with it, it's your job to see how you can get it to work.

11 hours ago, Ilayda70 said:

but you do realise the mod authors work for free
and  it is a hobby for most of them?
Every mod on Nexus is a gift to you,
maybe you should think about it.

"so I won't be using that mod and may leave nexus altogether."

if you don't understand this, maybe this is the best thing for you

Honestly if a mod author isn't going to keep the mod update they should just remove it from nexus. No point having it here