Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 7 support for Vortex

insomnious

On 9/10/2024 at 9:24 PM, insomnious said:

Sometimes Vortex won't check straight away depending on when it last checked, this is to avoid spamming our servers. You can try this...

image.png?ex=66e19593&is=66e04413&hm=734c5a1af950e482a6a047f482e73de9b622df668d9031c0c9822d21f99b047a&=

image.png?ex=66e195a7&is=66e04427&hm=86ba6e36defa91af815ae51d7ba1507a27561de0e1ca65dc5f9916a1c979a304&=

That little button will force an extensions update check, hope that helps!

My problem is that extension version is always 1.4.2 and these pics are no longer available I don't know how to force Vortex to check update.

On 9/13/2024 at 7:55 AM, Lucyhydex said:

I don't know about this other person but I can't play anything with mods. My old saved games won't even load anymore and my newly started games immediately become unstable.

You're probably missing a mod that updated for patch 7 thats in your list, or re-download the game first on Beta patch 6, not the normal patch 6, I would try everything first before you do the advice from the nexus devs

5 hours ago, Sweetsithlord said:

And I finally found the issue. It's the show approval mod. Which the mod author is no longer updating. *cries* I uninstalled it and now my game is working perfectly fine. I just miss this mod because I enjoyed it. 😞 

I'm using it right now on beta patch 6 and it works fine. Are you wanting to play patch 7 with that mod?

I was having problems with Failed to write load order but that has sense been fixed with V1.5.1, what I'm running into now is GustavDev, not crashing my game just taking up 23 slots in my load order, far as I can tell game play isn't impacted at all, all 82 mods are accounted for though they're loading after the 23 GustavDevs, I am on patch 7 and all mods that needed updating are updated for patch 7, some mod names are repeating however for example I have 3 ImprovedUI but only 1 version installed

vortex.png

vortex2.png

Edited by ravelations
typos/more information

5 hours ago, ravelations said:

I was having problems with Failed to write load order but that has sense been fixed with V1.5.1, what I'm running into now is GustavDev, not crashing my game just taking up 23 slots in my load order, far as I can tell game play isn't impacted at all, all 82 mods are accounted for though they're loading after the 23 GustavDevs, I am on patch 7 and all mods that needed updating are updated for patch 7, some mod names are repeating however for example I have 3 ImprovedUI but only 1 version installed

vortex.png

vortex2.png

Sorry to interrupt, but how do you upgrade that extension to 1.5.1 ? I am stuck on 1.4.2 and re-installing doesn't help at all.

2 hours ago, Mefaroni said:

Sorry to interrupt, but how do you upgrade that extension to 1.5.1 ? I am stuck on 1.4.2 and re-installing doesn't help at all.

I've messaged on Discord. I think you've got a problem with Vortex not being able to connect to GitHub. I can walk you through a workaround if that is the case.

Hello, I can't get the Baldur's Gate 3 extension to update. I’ve tried logging out and back in to Vortex, closing and reopening the application, disabling Vortex from managing the game and re-enabling it, but nothing works. I even downloaded the .exe of the latest version and did a "reinstallation", but the extension refuses to update. I can’t find a button or anything to check for updates, nor can I find the extension for manual download anywhere. Please help. Vortex Version: 1.12.4 Extension Version: 1.4.2

8 hours ago, aguajardo said:

Hello, I can't get the Baldur's Gate 3 extension to update. I’ve tried logging out and back in to Vortex, closing and reopening the application, disabling Vortex from managing the game and re-enabling it, but nothing works. I even downloaded the .exe of the latest version and did a "reinstallation", but the extension refuses to update. I can’t find a button or anything to check for updates, nor can I find the extension for manual download anywhere. Please help. Vortex Version: 1.12.4 Extension Version: 1.4.2

Sounds like your Vortex is having trouble connecting to github. Are you on VPN? Or perhaps your ISP is blocking.