Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 7 support for Vortex

insomnious

2 minutes ago, ChemBoy1 said:

Why did you downgrade? Use the beta Patch 6 branch. Follow the instructions above.

Dude If you read what I said, I tried these steps with the patch 6 beta and it was doing the exact same thing. I downgraded fully to patch 6 to see if it would work.

1 hour ago, GoatGawd said:

I completely downgraded to patch 6 because I thought maybe the beta version was the problem, and it still isn't working. Unfortunately, it still resets my modsettings file on launch. There clearly something I'm missing here but I have no idea what.

Yeah I feel like an idiot... I still had some patch 7 mods downloaded which was causing the file to be reset... seems to be working after downgrading those mods back to their pre-patch 7 versions. Sorry

• Like 1

So my mods are running but every time I run the game I get "not found".  On Larian's manager as well as on things in the game. Yet, the mods are running. I have tried all sorts of things to try and get this issue to fix but nothing I have done with Vortex and BG3 is working so far. 🥺

Edited by Sweetsithlord

I am having the same issue as user above ^

My mods will deploy via vortex, but in game the menus say 'Not found'.

The ONE time I was able to get into character creation to test, none of the mods were working and the menus were sitting ontop of each other.

I cannot figure this out 😞

Most of the BG3 mod problems at the moment are caused by the fact that Larian are letting people play Patch 6 and Patch 7 game versions, and mods are slowly updating to support Patch 7. So then we have the problem of Patch 6 gamers are having problems with the P7 mods, and P7 gamers are trying to use mods not updated yet.

So let me know what version of the game you are running (P6 or P7) and send me your modsettings.lsx file that can be found (normally) in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public. No promises, but generally turning off mods and enabling 1 by 1 to see what's causing the problem will identify what mods can't be used yet, or need updating.

Thanks

insomnious

18 hours ago, GoatGawd said:

Yeah I feel like an idiot... I still had some patch 7 mods downloaded which was causing the file to be reset... seems to be working after downgrading those mods back to their pre-patch 7 versions. Sorry

Eh it happens, at least you can keep playing your save files with mods.

21 hours ago, insomnious said:

Most of the BG3 mod problems at the moment are caused by the fact that Larian are letting people play Patch 6 and Patch 7 game versions, and mods are slowly updating to support Patch 7. So then we have the problem of Patch 6 gamers are having problems with the P7 mods, and P7 gamers are trying to use mods not updated yet.

So let me know what version of the game you are running (P6 or P7) and send me your modsettings.lsx file that can be found (normally) in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public. No promises, but generally turning off mods and enabling 1 by 1 to see what's causing the problem will identify what mods can't be used yet, or need updating.

Thanks

insomnious

I am running patch 7.  and here's my modsettings.lsx file. 

modsettings.lsx

14 hours ago, FightingBlaze77 said:

Eh it happens, at least you can keep playing your save files with mods.

I don't know about this other person but I can't play anything with mods. My old saved games won't even load anymore and my newly started games immediately become unstable.