Who Needs a Companion Mod When You Have Brother Martin?

David Brasher

MINOR SPOILERS:

I am sort of tired of playing the main quest when I start new characters, but I am grateful to be let out of prison, I feel sorry for the emperor, and most importantly, I want Oblivion gates to start opening all over the place. So here I was once again, becoming the hero of Kvatch. It is hard for me to become the hero of Kvatch when I am only level 1 or 2, but I think it might be even harder for people of higher levels.

I had just helped liberate the chapel and all the soldiers got wiped out but me and Savlian. I suddenly got the brilliant idea to get brother Martin to follow me through the battle of Kvatch instead of back to safety like I was supposed to do. Let me tell you something. That priest can fight! He runs around in his cassock killing anything that gets in his way. He probably has to do a lot of penance. He has a wicked frost spell, and he is a master knifeman with his dagger. (I wonder if a lot of priests carry daggers?) We went on and fought the Battle of Kvatch. It was the easiest Battle of Kvatch I had ever fought. We just breezed on through. Brother Martin can kill anything. We suffered heavy loses. Almost everyone but me, Savlian, and the priest died but it was still easier than usual.

I imagine Baurus and Jauffre would have thrown a fit if they had seen where I was taking the new emperor, and how many grievious wounds he was receiving.

I decided it was cool having Martin as my companion, maybe I wouldn't take him to Cloud Rular Temple. We wandered near Miscarand and the thought popped into my head, "Martin is going to send me in there pretty soon to go get the great welkynd stone. I should make him help me!" So Brother Martin and I went and got the great welkynd stone. I ran away from the lich because I was only level 2. I started making plans to have Brother Martin help me go get the Star of Azura which he would be asking for in the future.

Then I got the idea that it would be cool to have Jauffre as another sidekick. A monk with a katana is a strange thing. It was a bad idea, Jauffre wouldn't cooperate. We went to Sancre Tor to get the armor that Martin would be asking for by and by, but the door was locked and Jauffre wouldn't get off his horse and go into any of the other dungeons I tried to lead him into. I did get him to ride his horse to the top of a tall tower. I thought that was pretty strange. Jauffre also managed to convince Brother Martin to stop following me into dungeons, so I was pretty bummed out. I dumped off those two wet blankets at Cloud Ruler Temple and went to go sulk in a dungeon or ruin.

Okay I admit, I am doing terribly with my role-playing.

Using brother martan has a few flaws,

one is that his weapon can only go so far and ( i think he drops it after its not useabul anymore) and will find a weapon that doesnt suit him

but he is handy in the long run do the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild with him he will prove invaulube or even better, Barthorm and the Isle Of Slart the link for that mod is here : Barthorm (New Lands) ( personally i never tried it with martin but who knows it might work,

I can't stand any of those companions, neither NPC nor mod companions. They just annoy me. I want to be in my house alone, then I put my companion outside the city walls, then I totally forget about that companion, and then I want my companion back, but I can't find him/her etc. Just too much trouble in my opinion. Or I just suck at having companions :P

I can't stand any of those companions, neither NPC nor mod companions. They just annoy me. I want to be in my house alone, then I put my companion outside the city walls, then I totally forget about that companion, and then I want my companion back, but I can't find him/her etc. Just too much trouble in my opinion. Or I just suck at having companions :P

im just as bad Birrii XD

im just as bad Birrii XD

Hooraayyy! Finally I've found someone who is just as bad as meeee! xD

• 6 years later...

I can't stand any of those companions, neither NPC nor mod companions. They just annoy me. I want to be in my house alone, then I put my companion outside the city walls, then I totally forget about that companion, and then I want my companion back, but I can't find him/her etc. Just too much trouble in my opinion. Or I just suck at having companions http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

I have to agree with you, no matter how cool they are, they are still useless if they don't follow simple command.

I can't stand any of those companions, neither NPC nor mod companions. They just annoy me. I want to be in my house alone, then I put my companion outside the city walls, then I totally forget about that companion, and then I want my companion back, but I can't find him/her etc. Just too much trouble in my opinion. Or I just suck at having companions http://thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

I have to agree with you, no matter how cool they are, they are still useless if they don't follow simple command.

sorry for reviving this old thread, i'm searching for a way to get my "lost" companions