Can't find all the temples!

MarkVarley

On my first playthrough I wasn't paying too much attention to finding temples, by NG3 I had all but two of the powers (22 of 24) at least once (11 only once), so I found a list of all the planets that temples spawn on and visited every one of them, I didn't find a single extra temple, so from my NG3 save I only have 12 out of 24 temples and no others spawned when I visited every galaxy they're supposed to be in.

To experiment I started a brand new game, followed the storyline until I got my first power, then I revisited every galaxy from the list of planets that temples spawn on (as I realised you get a quest marker as soon as you arrive in the galaxy) and found temples on Skink, Frost, Altair I and Power from Beyond sending me to Altair III, that's 4 plus the one I had so 5 out of 24, I know that a couple are quest locked but still, I don't know why I'm not finding the temples.

I read somewhere that you have to have the artifacts first, so I used console commands to get all artifacts, then dumped them in the captains locker and took them out again in case theres something about acquiring them, and revisited every galaxy again, still nothing.

I've searched online and all I can find is vague references to not all temples spawning on first playthrough, or it still says you need two more when you actually have them all.

I was hoping I could start a new game, confirm that all the temples will spawn, then go back and play through organically, (or figure out how to get the missing temples in my original playthough).

I am playing with a lot of mods, I don't know if they can interfere with temple spawning (I might try and look through xedit and see if theres any clues).
Aside from blaming mods, is there anyone with a clear insight into the temple spawning mechanism that can spot something I've done wrong? or any insight?

List of systems I've checked, that are supposed to have planets that temples can spawn in:

Al-Battani
Alchiba
Alchiba
Altair
Cheyenne
Aranae
Archimedes
Bannoc
Bara
Bardeen
Bessel
Beta Marae
Bohr
Bolivar
Bradbury
Carinae
Eta Cassiopeia
Charybdis
Copernicus
Copernicus Minor
Nirah
Olympus
Lunara
Enlil
Eridani
Fermi
Feynman
Foucault
Freya
Barnard's Star
Gamma Vulpes
Delta Pavonis
Lunara
Guniibuu
Heinlein
Heisenberg
Valo
Hyla
Indum
Ixyll
Katydid
Khayyam
Valo
Kumasi
Lantana
Leonis
Leviathan
Linnaeus
Luyten's Star
Marduk
Masada
McClure
Sakharov
Moloch
Valo
Kryx
Newton
Nikola
Lunara
Oborum Prime
Oborum Proxima
Olympus
Piazzi
Procyon A
Procyon B
Pyraas
Rana
Rasalhague
Schrodinger
Sirius
Cheyenne
Sparta
Syrma
Tau Ceti
Alpha Ternion
Tidacha
Alpha Tirna
Nirah
Ursae Majoris
Van Maanen's Star
Vega
Volii
Cheyenne
Delta Pavonis
Xi Ophiuchi
Zelazny
Zosma

I think several of them are tied to Vlad's quests.... you may need to have the artifact, AND the quest, for them to show up..... I have a mod that skips having to visit Vlad for each and every artifact, and I think I have 23 of 24.... (I have all the artifacts) I think the last power you get when you go thru Unity.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 1:34 AM, HeyYou said:

I think several of them are tied to Vlad's quests.... you may need to have the artifact, AND the quest, for them to show up..... I have a mod that skips having to visit Vlad for each and every artifact, and I think I have 23 of 24.... (I have all the artifacts) I think the last power you get when you go thru Unity.

It's starting to look that way, I continued with my new playthrough and so far I have 9 powers (just had 'the incident' on the eye), thats more than I found by pre-visiting each system, so just having the artifacts isn't enough for the temples to spawn, it seems to be tied to the quests, not just having the artifacts and visiting the systems.

At the very least hopefully this fact will be helpful to someone else in the future.

So far, it appears, that some/all/most temple spawns won't happen until the quest progresses. My goal was to test my newaly spawned universe to be sure all temples spawned so I could be sure of getting all powers in this playthrough, I've yet to find a reasonable mechanism to fin dout before playing through.

(I also looked at the temples in xEdit, mostly to check none of my mods were interfering (they weren't) and as you'd reasonably expect theres no location info there for where the temples will spawn).

If i remember well, the power you get from the artefact from temple of massada is Phased Time (by far the most powerful).

However, you have multiple ways to get all your power :
- Follow a full NG constellation way, killing hunter/emmisary and obtain legaly all artifacts, go visit vlad to find temples one by one.
- Search a mod on nexus in order to avoid doing all of this
     (like this one : [url=https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/2190]Add powers and upgrade them[/url]

Hope this may help you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In this playthrough I've just completed getting all the powers, the temples only appeared once I had the artifacts through legitimate means, getting the artifacts via console/bat file didn't make the temples appear when I visited their systems. When I was testing that I added the artifacts directly to my inventory then dropped them in my ship armillary, then I visited each possible temple system but didn't get a quest update for a found temple, but later in the playthrough when I was going back and forth to Vlad getting the final temples a couple did appear when I arrived in the systems.

I was worried that something was wrong (maybe my massive mod selection (213 mods 103 plugins)) but now I've played through and got them all I know it's working at least.

Shouldn't be the number of mods as the limit has been fixed. I am running 280 mods and not having any issues other than maybe load order issues. The mod index used to be 256 or so, now its like 65000!

Cheers!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KnightAngleBoi said:

commands such as "additem" don't always trigger flags, something useful to remember for Burden of Proof, also, Artefac Mu and Phased Time are strongly tied to the quest Revelation.

Thanks, that appears to have been the case, I used additem to get all the artifacts then I visited each system but no temples appeared, I've since acquired the artifacts normally in the questline and I now have all temples and all powers in a new playthrough pre-NG+ (going back to a save from before I used console commands to get the artifacts), so you're right, there's definitely factor of additem not triggering something in the game to then spawn temples 👍