Broken savefile - It is corrupted and can never be recovered

LatinGames

Hi,  rsaver is giving me this terrible message, does anyone have any idea what kind of Mod(s) could have corrupted it?

Serious problems were identified
Saving is disabled. Trust me, it's for your own good.

Broken savefile
It is corrupted and can never be recovered, not even by the unhindered zeal of an Andean Mountain Tapir. 
Truncated file
This is usually caused by too many scripts running at once, recursive scripts without proper boundary conditions, excessive size, or multithreading problems. 
Truncated formID array
40/274404 formIDs read and 21564 null values in total

The Craslog talk about: Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FFFCD8F11FB (VCRUNTIME140.dll+111FB) on thread 16908!

Note My previous savegame,  still works,  but after some time,  this error happens again !

Good News, after removing several MODs like, (3dNPCs, Immersive Horses, Dismembering Framework and others ),  following my own clean procedure, I was able to remove more than 40,000 scripts and several null forms with Rsaver, to finally recover the savegame  

Note: I still don't know what caused that huge amount of orphaned scripts, still researching 

The last few weeks I've also had some unrecoverable save file corruptions. I wasn't able to figure out with certainty which mod was causing it (and the resaver didn't tell me), but I did recognize the symptoms. If I see I start to get massive frame rate drops, I know the save file is going to become unrecoverable, and I immediately restore to an older save, exit and restart.

Whatever is causing it, I don't have to uninstall anything. I just have to make sure to not continue on a game where my frame rate starts dropping because at that point it cannot be fixed and will eventually completely break.

In my case, the cause of corruption was an exaggerated number of scripts running at same time, I could continue playing but sometimes,  generating a good savefile but other timesgenerating corrupted files,   losing all the time invested 

For this reason I decided to reduce the # of scripts, removing Mods that are very script intensive like 3DNPC and the others mentioned, only then I recovered the stability of the game without having to return to a very old version. Some lessons learned:

1. Always save savefiles when you reach a great achievement or you are going to install new Mods
2. Don't believe everything Rsaver says 😄
3. Don't uninstall many Mods at the same time, this can render the new savefile useless, it is better to uninstall, clean and test little by little

I hope this experience helps you

ReSaver can help in it.

Without needs to clean, it tells you how many instances and others interesting things are wrong in your save.
By just open save one by one, you can see when it raises up.

You can then look into options and files on the left and find easily the mods that did the most of scripts instances.

I mean, i find it just by searching alons, so i think any modded-skyrim player would be able too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2024 at 8:47 AM, Chronepsys said:

ReSaver can help in it.

Without needs to clean, it tells you how many instances and others interesting things are wrong in your save.
By just open save one by one, you can see when it raises up.

You can then look into options and files on the left and find easily the mods that did the most of scripts instances.

I mean, i find it just by searching alons, so i think any modded-skyrim player would be able too.

Thanks,  You mean the script instances Directory ?  yes I already check it,  but there is many scripts even from the original game and DLCs,   how identify wich is wrong?

PD:  Unistall NPCs use Potions Mod  and found Immersive Encounters as the most likely cause of this Bug