[SE] Custon Follower Mod Creation Help

I'm considering switching back to the original version of the keying mod until I can figure out the updated version for now. I want to avoid getting stuck on this part and never continue it. Now that I have CK working properly, it should be fine for now. 

Again, thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it!

Ok, I figured this one out.    The skeleton included in the race mod was problematic, but it also set 'CME Neck [Neck]' node scaling to 0.705, which is what made the head not as large.   

Here is my corrected mod version, which includes the standard XP32 skeleton, but with the same head scaling as original (0.705)   

I have also moved the experimental adjusting script into this mod, and attached it to the sample follower in the ctest cell.   It can be used to fine-tune the head size without having to restart the game.

How to use:    
From console:   coc ctest
You will be teleported to a small test cell.
To change the scaling:
Via console:   set keqing_head_scale to 0.65    (0.705 is current default, good values are between 0.5 and 0.8)
Then in console - click on the NPC - type disable - then type enable 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.5dc31787a67131b6cccd59376482d9f0.jpeg

However, once you decide which head scale works best for you, consider editing Data\Meshes\LeafKeq2\skeleton_female.nif

In NifScope - expand:  root - NPC - NPC Root - NPC COM - CME Body - CME UBody - NPC Spine - CME Spine - NPC Spine1 - CME Spine1 - NPC Spine2 - CME Spine2 - NPC Neck - CME Neck,
and in CME Neck properties, edit the 'Scale' field.

Then, there will be no need to attach any scripts to actual follower NPCs.

Sorry for the late reply. I slept almost 14 hours lol

Seems to work great now! The default 0.705 works fine for me so I'm perfectly happy with that! Even got it to work with the dialogue I've been working on! Thank you!

I have encountered an issue, likely of my own making. But the face of the new follower I created before the update is darker than the one in the test cell. I assumed this was the dark face and ctrl + F4, but that did not seem to fix it. Using the SSEedit dark face detector didn't find anything either. I also applied everything I could see from the test cell follower to no avail. 

The console on CK says these are my issues. It seems my version uses the wrong face tint. I'm looking through the texture sets at the moment, and nothing immediately jumps out at me. Looking through various other forums on the topic of those errors leads to no real solutions. 

Screenshot 2024-09-28 215759.png

Screenshot 2024-09-28 223821.png

I lied, it happened again. I still have my work around but knowing how to fix the issue would be nice.

I noticed it happened when i applied one of the hair tint, and resetting it to the color it was on previously does not fix it.

First rule I have is to never ever use Ctrl+F4 on RaceMenu faces.   

Skin Tint:  when setting it in Racemenu, make sure bottom (alpha) slider is at 255, and write down the RGB values.   Those need to go into skin tint values in CK Actor page.

When exporting a head from RaceMenu, the .nif mesh and a .dds tintmask are placed in Data/skse/plugins/chargen.   The tintmask needs to be renamed and placed in proper location.  Same goes for the mesh file.  And in the head part of the head mesh, one needs to put in the tintmask location.   See the structure of my Jenny mod. 

Now, with hair tints.  I have added a few preset tints to base race mods, but if you want a custom tint, you have to do some extra work.   Since SMP hair here is a tintable wig, it will take on the color of what is set as  Actors hair color. 

Once I decide on the hair color in racemenu, I write down its RGB values.  Then, in the mod, I ceeate a ColorForm with those values.   Then, after all is done, I go into actor record in SSEEdit, and set the HRCL field to the ColorForm I created.  You cannnot do it in CK without modifying the Race form.  Note that if you make any subsequent changes to actor in CK, it will reset the hair color to a default, and you need to reassign it again in SSEEdit.