HDT version of "Fur Boots"?

anjenthedog

these boots, in case a visual helps identify them better (fur boots is a pretty generic term)

FurBoots.jpg.26a831d646e5818a9425ccdcd7fe66f2.jpg

They work well for this character, but since she's got thigh wubba, the boots are constantly clipped by wubbaflesh when she walks/etc. Not a game stopper, but it's "immersion breaking"

thnx

I don't recognize those boots, so I'll log in game in a moment to check them out for comparison. But if those boots are very low polygon count, the easiest fix for clipping may be to double the vertices.

Click them in outfit studio and select the "Refine Mesh" option to double the vertices. You can also mask an area, invert the mask and then do that if you only want to increase the vertices in a specific area.

But I don't think I've seen those boots before so am curious. *Logs into game*

I like the "fur boots", (id'd as 000A6D7F in my game, so there's a difference, probably from your replacer or another armor mod at a guess) as shown in my snapshot. I know I *could use something else... I have dozens and dozens (and dozens and dozens) of alternate boots I could use, including both static and dynamic (HDT affected) offerings (installed) but these are the specific footwear I want to use in this case. Enough that I've been using them for a couple years, regardless of the CBA body clipping into the static boots. Just would be nice if the boots flexed along with the body, so that her thighs aren't routinely clipping them when she's NOT standing still. (when standing still you can't tell there's an issue, since the thighs aren't actively wiggling)

My hope is that *maybe someone updated them like many other vanilla assets have been converted from static to dynamic items, and I jsut haven't run across them yet (but someone else has).

thanks for the suggestion though.

Oh... PS> don't care if they're low poly. Sole concern is their conformation to the player's thighs when in motion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:

Oh... PS> don't care if they're low poly. Sole concern is their conformation to the player's thighs when in motion.

I see. I didn't understand the rubber reference in the original question. So you're using normal CBBE (non-3BA) boots on a 3BA body, and the thus the tall boots do not have the bones necessary to move with the 3BA legs underneath them.

In my observations from these forums, you are expert on all things Skyrim SE modding. Have you considered using outfit studio to simply add the missing 3BA bones to your favorite boots?

It seems that would work well. I still would recommend adding a few vertices here and there on bending parts as vanilla boots are extremely low poly and are one of the main reasons for clipping on moving parts, but I agree with you that your lack of the necessary bones is your main issue.

yeah sorry for the lingo, wubba = the bouncy movement of body parts. thighs in this case.

And yes, exactly. CBBE (non physics) on a CBBE 3BA body/leg. The main problem comes from the thighs  (when walking/running) not the knees. 

yeah....wadr... no.  I have zero Outfit studio skills to speak of. I don't know about expert, (thanks though)  but regardless, some things I just can't do. I'm at ELI5 grade (clueless) with Outfit Studio.

Was just hoping for the random fluke of "Oh yeah I just saw that boot in a vanilla replacer mod the other day <link included>" 

6 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

wadr... ELI5

*Laughs* I have no idea what those words are, haha.

I'm tempted to ask what mod your boots come from to see if I can add the bones for you, but I haven't gotten around to practicing that type of modding in Skyrim SE yet. XEdit for Skyrim SE is easy, and in Fallout 4 I'm actually super good at Outfit Studio, but I'm still unpracticed at Outfit Studio for Skyrim SE with 3BA.

Still, I'm curious, and if no expert comes by offering to do it, I may play around with it. What mod are you using for your boots?

I'm guessing they're not vanilla?

They mean: with all due respect, and explain (it) like I'm 5 (five years old). Sorry. too many years spent on the net. It's an affectation I picked up along the way 😉

The boots in question are a "skyrim" asset in my game. I can find them by using Add-Item Menu, then opening the submenu off the Skyrim module listing and scrolling down to their entry. Unfortunately some or many vanilla skyrim assets have no Bodyslide definitions including these boots. Probably also UNP, as I'd guess they're "asset remnants" of LE. 

So if I understand correctly, to your knowledge they're not CBBE (non-3BA) boots and not UNP boots but purely vanilla boots. Going on that assumption I'll see if I can find the boots in the vanilla archive files, and if I find them I'll play around with them in Outfit Studio. I'll return later with a report of failure or success 🙂

[side note: I'd never in a million years have guessed the meanings of those words *Laughs* Thanks for the info.]

At first I couldn't figure out how to open the vanilla mesh archives because the BA2 extractor I used for Fallout 4 the last several years wasn't working. I even tried downloading a Skyrim version of it, and it didn't work.

Then I tried downloading a newer mod called BSA Browser, and that let me look inside the vanilla meshes.

From there I used XEdit to browse the Skyrim plugin Armor and Armor Addon records to track down what mesh is used by the Fur Boots.

I confirmed the record is the Storm Cloak Boots, and I found the armor addon record which says the mesh it uses is:

• data\Meshes\Armor\StormCloaks\Boots_M_1.nif

But that's the male mesh. In Fallout 4 there's a separate reference for a female mesh in the plugins, and I've been quintiple checking the Skyrim plugin, and I can't find any reference to Boots_F_1.nif for female characters.

Next I checked what the BD armor replacers uses, and it uses Boots_F_1.nif. But that's the BD mod. I can't find in the plugin evidence that the female character uses that, and I also can't find the female mesh in the vanilla archives.

As far as I can see, the female characters use the male mesh in Vanilla. But this doesn't make sense to me.

Basically, I just don't know enough about the Vanilla Skyrim SE to figure out what mesh is used by female characters for fur boots, so I can't even guess properly what mesh to import into Outfit Studio to see if I can add the 3BA bones.

I'm sorry, anjenthedog, but my attempt to help you has failed. I apologize sincerely.

• Thanks 1