Starfield LOD issues with distant objects with Ultra settings.

ChristopherC71

Hello,

I am on my second play through as I stopped several months ago waiting for Shattered Space and other patches. I have a machine that supports Ultra settings no problems but something is not right with my LOD being chunky.

Using Beth.ini for changes and I performed a reset, Ultra settings and then used the recommended tweaks to no avail. It is still to early for a STEP guide for Beth.ini on this game so asking for thoughts or solutions.

ZBvMNub.jpeg

Win11, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800-X3D, 32 GB, SSD & AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX all good and stable.

There have been changes to the BA2 archives in the game. If your StarfieldCustom.ini or any other .ini file has an Archive section with old entries, you'll get this problem. My StarfieldCustom.ini only has these two lines: bInvalidateOlderFiles=1, and sResourceDataDirsFinal=. I started getting the same distant LOD issues after the 1.13.61 update. It was being caused by a mods .ini file that contained the usual long list of BA2 archives. The problem was, the list was outdated and contained a couple of BA2 archives that Bethesda removed and didn't have one or two new ones. The Starfield.ini file that's in your root directory should have the correct list under the Archive section. I believe the Starfield.ini is generated by the game itself and contains the correct list and nothing else.

YES!

You nailed it! One BA2 file was missing. Once I updated the StarfieldCustome.ini with the missing Starfield - LODTextures02.ba2 all GOOD! Thank You! +1 Kudo to your profile. 🙂

StarfieldCustome.ini

sResourceIndexFileList=Starfield - LODTextures.ba2, Starfield - Textures01.ba2, Starfield - Textures02.ba2, Starfield - Textures03.ba2, Starfield - Textures04.ba2, Starfield - Textures05.ba2, Starfield - Textures06.ba2, Starfield - Textures07.ba2, Starfield - Textures08.ba2, Starfield - Textures09.ba2, Starfield - Textures10.ba2, Starfield - Textures11.ba2, Starfield - TexturesPatch.ba2

Starfield.ini

sResourceIndexFileList=Starfield - LODTextures01.ba2, Starfield - LODTextures02.ba2, Starfield - Textures01.ba2, Starfield - Textures02.ba2, Starfield - Textures03.ba2, Starfield - Textures04.ba2, Starfield - Textures05.ba2, Starfield - Textures06.ba2, Starfield - Textures07.ba2, Starfield - Textures08.ba2, Starfield - Textures09.ba2, Starfield - Textures10.ba2, Starfield - Textures11.ba2, Starfield - TexturesPatch.ba2