Annekke Crag-Jumper Goes Hostile When I Meet her

Shadeybladey

I went to Darkwater Crossing to deliver some stuff for Sylgja of Shor's Stone en route to turn in a quest in Windhelm.

I entered the mine but before I had a chance to talk to Verner Rock-Chucker, Annekke attacked me on sight and my companion killed her. Now Verner will not talk to me.

The Wiki says this can happen, but also says that The Unofficial Skyrim Patch ver 1.3.3 fixes this bug.

Is this USKP or USLEEP, as I still use the separate DLC and separate Unofficial Patches? I'm not familiar with the version numbers for USKP etc.

Luckily, I make lots of unique saves via the console, so I can wait, as the Wiki also says "This can be resolved by leaving, waiting, and then returning at a later date."

I have no bounties, although I did get 11,000 Septims in Markarth when those crooked guards sent me to Cidhna Mine. But I killed the Forsworn King and got a pardon from the Silverblood crook (although I assassinated him later - his brother can keep for a later date).

I may have some "Kill the Bandit Leader" quests active which also may cause this bug to manifest. I'll have to check, I have one to turn in. I have nothing for the Thieves Guild and always tell Brynjolf to bog off. I'm a Bard, not a Thief! The only reason I am in that hold at all is for Finn's Lute from Stony Creek Cave, and then I circled South to kill the Dragon for another quest.

So I guess my question is does anyone else experience this, and why does it happen when the Unofficial Patches claim to have fixed it?

Cheers!

Well, I just cleared Ansilvund and took Roggi's Ancestral Shield to Kynesgrove, and Gemma Uriel attacked me!

So Jenassa one-shot her through the eye with her bow!

Will this keep happening with all my quests?  🤣

Edit:

I reloaded and ran into the inn, and then Kjeld attacked me!

I think I resolved Darkwater Crossing by finding the missing Argonian, and when I went back to the village Verner Rock-Chucker was outside on his own. So I gave him his daughter's satchel and he gave me letters to take back to her.

The Wiki says Kjeld is marked as a foe to Tormir of Darkwater Crossing and he may be father to Tomir's daughter.

Maybe he's jealous because I helped her by finding her friend Darkeethus? I don't know what he's jealous of, Jenassa and my Khajiit are both female...

Doesn't explain Gemma Uriel, though...

They do both have an "Aggressive" disposition, which means they attack enemies on sight. No idea why they think I'm their enemy, though.

🤔