"Has Platform/language Specific Textures"

CaptainCookie

I was working on a simple mod for myself, when I noticed this little check box.

The usage is self explanatory. I want to know if anyone's ever seen it used, or has used it.

And a secondary question, How can you stand to use the GECK when it crashes every few seconds.

The Pipboy uses the language specific option due to it having text that would need to be different when running on other languages than English.

As for the GECK, I think it's goddamnedawful to work with because you never know if what you are working on will suddenly make it crash, and you then lose all your work as it doesn't have an autosave feature.

And a secondary question, How can you stand to use the GECK when it crashes every few seconds.

Yes, it can be annoying, though "every few seconds" is a bit of an exaggeration. I try to deal by saving often, saving after any major change, and making frequent backups of my .esp file.

• 2 weeks later...
On your second point, see my sig ;)

Baelkin - uh, yes it does have auto-save.

Really? Maybe I just haven't noticed, at least whenever I've caused it to crash the changes I've made on the .esp I was working on hadn't been saved. If it isn't enabled by default then that's probably the cause, but I have lost plenty of work by the GECK crashing on me and not saving the changes.

I must just be lucky, but my GECK hardly crashes at all - except for the infamous Vista dialogue crash - though I've since gotten that fixed.

But yeah, the GECK does do autosave, just not to your active esp file. It saves extra files in a backup folder in whwatever directory the GECK itself is sitting in. Just a quick checking leads me to believe it'll save up to 10 different autosaves, and I'm sure you can just rename the files to whatever.esp to use 'em again.

Of course, if you save compulsively like I do, you don't need autosaves either. :whistling:

-Pax