Developing Better Male Characters?

blakfyr999

Anyone who has ever even seen Skyrim before knows good and well that the Skyrim community is absolutely fascinated by having these ultra pretty female characters- there are so many mods for female faces I couldn't name them all if I wanted to. On the other side of that scale [not nearly as heavy as the side that is enamored by hot females], there are the people who create "badass" characters, or tough looking men, etc.

See, I'm having issues trying to create a follower because I don't want either :D I get to the character customization, and it's just all bad from there. I'm trying to make a character, who is MALE, doesn't look like he's banging on 30's door, nor is as effeminate as a female. I see all these great mods that do this for females, but not males.

I was curious if anyone had any tips, mods, or anything to help develop MALE YOUNG characters?

I've tried a few things, namely the Younger Faces mod in that male nudity mod, Enchanced Character Edit, and Male Faces Overhaul.

I have a character I'm going for, and even have pictures of him [from another game, but it'll give you a better idea of what he should look like in Skyrim, at least]

I would also like some kind of realistic young-looking male face mod, perhaps a new complexion with less wrinkles? I'm roleplaying a character who is a young man (20 years old or similar) and it gets a little weird with his older-looking face.

This may sound sexist (I'll admit it sounds sexist because it is) but there don't seem to be a lot of male marriage candidates of the sort that real women actually fantasize about. All the Alpha Leader types are off-limits, like the Archmage of Winterhold, the Jarls, the Orc Stronghold dudes (though I think polygamy is a turn-off) or, if the bad romance novels my stepmom used to read are any clue, "King in Rags" Madanach and decidedly non-sparkly Lord Harkon.

(Yes, many women have terrible taste in imaginary men; the "ravaged by shirtless pirate" scene doesn't make it into every romance book ever written for no reason.)

A Skyrim character aimed at the romance novel demographic would for obvious reasons have to forego any hint of the non-consensual relations typical to the genre, but if you want a challenge there you go.

And could someone explain the whole Farkas thing? He's not a "bad boy", he's not smart, he's not a leader, he's not artistic, he's only about as athletic as the other Companions, he's not witty, and if my daughter brought this guy home I'd be disappointed enough to hope it was just a phase she was going through, though I admit she could do worse -- I mean at least it's not that drunk guy. Still I don't get it ... what's the deal? Why Farkas?

I still insist that it's a big design flaw that you cannot marry Gwilin (the happy elf in Ivarstead). He's so friendly and seems like he'd be fun to be around.

If memory serves right, you can marry one of the stronghold male orcs, the guy you can recruit as a follower. You can also marry the female orc who's about to get married.

With Farkas, I suppose people find him handsome and/or like the way he fights, and enjoy his personality. I never cared much about the Companions personally.

Can't really comment on the woman thing as I have no idea and am a guy.

I think with Farkas, it's mainly because his 'marriage dialogue' is better than others (apparently Onmund's is really bad, for comparison, although I've never had my chars marry either), and unlike the other marriage-able males in the Companions, he's always friendly with the player. Or something. I tend to go with Vilkas as he's one of the few followers/marriage-candidates/characters in Skyrim who has a personality. *Shrugs*