Dungeon Keeper

Kissimurra

Dungeon Keeper was the first PC-game I ever played. It brings back some memories, I remember being about seven years old, sitting and playing it on my new Pentium 133Mhz, It was a really fun game with an unique feel, and a mix of RPG, RTS and Management. Anyone else that have played this Classic?

Game: Dungeon Keeper

Released: Jul 1997

Game Type: 3D Strategy / Management

Developer: Bullfrog Productions

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Requires: DOS / Windows

Supports: Direct3D

Multiplay: Yes 4 players TCP IP

ESRB Rating: Mature (17+)

Aah, who can forget the Horny Reaper?

• 2 months later...
While it was not my first PC game, I do remember playing that one and having a lot of fun at it. Unfortunately, I have no idea where the CD has got lost, and according to my knowledge, Dungeon Keeper isn't abandonware yet - a pity :/

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I liked Dungeon Keeper too. I wish now I hadn't taken it to the Flea Market & traded it away for some money to ..... wow, I forget what even was so important now that we had to hurry to the flea market and trade our games for cash to buy ... what??

I do know now that I miss my Gladiator movie that I traded and A Knight's Tale ... I miss them both. Also Dungeon Keeper and Arx Fatalis, can you believe they even took Arx in trade?

I had the second one, and foolishly traded it for some motorcross game or something. What a waste, it was such an amazing game. More games should make you the bad guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
it was not only fun but also revolutionary... remember that you could switch between 1sperson fps and normal strategy/buildup mode and go on a rampage with your beast of choice? too sad my pc was toooo slow for that... oh and mocking those darn heros... great!

I have that game *Looks up*...Still working fine for me, sometimes crashes to the desktop but Oblivion does that more then DK (DK doesn't have mods thought), and I did something to the graphics, but it is still fun for me, they don't sell them anymore huh? Well Lucky I haven't lost mine or sold it, I loved converting the hereos to my side and using them, my favorites are Priestess, Fairy, Dragon, Demon Spawn, Mistress and sometimes the Horned Reaper

• 9 months later...

My favorites were the imps. Trained to level 10, before i even tended to other matters. Of course, in some worlds there wasn't enough time for this.

Those vampires made good fighters if you could keep them separate. And of course the mistress.

I think this game was a very good approach to the problem of AI. And also a very good approach to sarcasm...

Archived