Looking to Overhaul Morrowind

AlduinWorldEater

...and don't recommend the MGSO. I don't know what it is about Windows Vista, but it just seems to hate MGSO. I had to reinstall Morrowind twice because of it.

Basically, I'm looking to achieve the same sort of appearance, but through the individual mods, and without all the 3rd-party programs like mlox and so on. I think that the automated portions of it such as those are what's causing my particular screw-ups. I know this is a big request, but if anyone can compile a list of the mods used in MGSO and where to find them individually (if they're not on PES or the Nexus, anyways), I'd really appreciate it.

MSGO should have it's own list of permissions. As for where to find them, some are gone, some will be at Fliggerty's modding history, some are on individual sites and some are here or PES. Can you do it all by hand? Sure but it'll require a lot of skill using mods and a lot of time locating, installing and testing them.

Most likely if you're having a problem with vista it's because you installed to Program Files and haven't set the game or the installers to run as administrator. Both of which are absolutely essential to do anything with Mw from Vista onward. As for creating a similar experience with out third party programs... you can get close but there's no replacement for MWE, MGE or MWSE so it would behoove you to properly solve your root problems rather than try and find a quick work around.

I don't think MGE had anything to do with the problems. I just can't figure out what the deal is...the final version, 3.0 I think, is the only one that gave me problems. Prior versions ran just fine.

The very best solution is to NOT install anywhere inside the dreaded "Program Files" directories. C:\Morrowind, C:\Games\Morrowind, C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind (Steam users) are all popular places to install the game that avoid a large majority of windows related issues.