Looking for writers and editors.

sumoftwosins

I'm trying to get some people together for a review website I am putting together. The website is www.mediareject.com and the name is simply Media Reject. I only have a simple logo up for the moment. I'm working on the layout and determining what back-end I will be using for the content. The large picture of the site is to offer input on any form of media that someone wants to write about. The main difference about this site is to offer a comical approach to review by picking out ignorant stuff about the game or media. We're not simply aiming to find bad media, but to take well appreciated media and find the flaws in that.

A quick example of this would be my take on Mass Effect. I enjoyed the game and played it several times, but I'll be damned if all the elevator rides didn't make me want to dig my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

I still want their to be some objective in the review such as providing a score for the media. Was the media worth the money? Would be buy it again knowing what we know?

With that said, I'm looking for a number of people so we can cover a wide variety of media. Just with games alone we have different platforms and everything out there has tons of genres. In the long run I want people who are initially fans of that genre and platform to writing the reviews or rants about it. I naturally don't care for consoles since I prefer a keyboard and mouse, so I tend to be biased towards console games.

For writers, I am looking for people who can be sarcastic and creative. I also need editors or people who can simply review the reviews and look for grammar and spelling errors. In addition to the editing, there will be a need for moderation (hopefully)... since I plan to implement a system to allow everyone to post articles/reviews to be published.

It sound quite interesting. I mean, there are a lot of usermade-news sites.

None has really implemented all kinds together though, especially for games. Combining multiple kinds of media in general hasn't really been done before...

I'm anxious to see what kind of media you're going to show...Hehe, find what's missing and fill it up :), its always fun to do that.

Its tough, but that is what it makes worth to do. Are you going to let a multiple of people work on one subject?

It would be fun to see some total different views, not always, but especially with hot topics :).

We don't want to many people working in one subject, but we do want enough people so no one feels rushed to look something over. Different views are good. In the event we have multiple submissions that are good, I'd like to see the ability to post the most contradicting articles side by side. In the beginning there will not be enough people to do enough reviews per item to allow us to have contradicting posts, but I do hope that it develops into that.

I wish there was money involved. If I had the ability to pay people then that would imply I was making money from the site already or just had enough to go around ;-) If it does get to the point it is profitable, then compensation will be something that happens.

As for a submission form... yeah. We're trying to figure out what all we need. I'm working on the site now. Basically basing it off phpbb and tearing it apart to be structured like a website and not a forum. So essentially the backend will be like a forum, but the posts and "forums" will be viewed like web/blog pages. Eventually, I hope, we'll need a slew of people doing different things. We obviously want active people, but if we have people who might show up once a month and make a contribution as terms of a review... then that is fine. You get enough people like that and your doing fine.

This post is mainly get out to the public. You never know when you might run into some like-minded people.