Anton Chigurh's Ensemble, Suppressed Shotgun and (hopefully) Cattl

reallancem

So it seems that no one has done a sound suppressed tube fed semi-auto shotgun (besides the "Browning Auto-5" mod) or a high resolution tec-9 or even a freakin cattle bolt gun. After re-re-rewatching The Coen Brothers' "No Country for Old Men" and re-rereading Cormac McCarthy's original novel of the same name, I have been implanted with the thought of: New Vegas being a neo-western themed video game and NCFOM being a western themed book/movie, it would only seem right to include something so reminiscant and badass from the book/movie... Anton Chigurh's albeit unique ensemble of weapons and dark clothes. Since the book was never very descriptive of Chigur himself, I would appreciate it if the aspiring mod author willing to take on the daunting task would base it largely off the movie.

this is a link to a video showing his cattle gun (used to blow off locks and murder without leaving a bullet or case) and the Remington 11-87 shotgun with a sound suppressor (use: self explanatory). While this topic is a bit of a stretch, due to the massive influx of "kill-quests" e.g. New Vegas Bounties 1&2, Inheritance, Hitman, Rita's Cafe, Collector, etc. it would only seem fit to have a NCFOM styled quest, but I digress. If any well seasoned weapon modder or someone capable of creating a hi-res gun would care to pursue the task of creating the Ultimate Badass, I (and a fair portion of the Nexus) would be forever thankful and indebted (only to the confines of the digital realm) to that person.

"What is he supposed to be, the ultimate badass?"

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the shotgun you mentioned in this video [...] but no matter how many times i asked - noone can tell which mod it is. It's frustrating.

I know this feeling quite well, im looking for a great tactical headset for ages now. There are plenty of pictures of it on the nexus site but no one answers where it is from...

i will include this shotgun into my searchlist, maybe i am able to help you to find it.

Edited by CmdNomad

That my fellow deviants is a hunting shotgun with the the silencer from WME ... so it's been done to death. I don't use it any more because I ran into way too many texture glitches with it so I just use WMX which IMHO is much more stable. I don't know why nobody pointed you in the right direction before but there it is your answer.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37576/?

also another great mod is AG Uniques which I current keep in my load order ... scavenger hunt so it takes a while but fun fun fun

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40000/?

EDIT TO ADD --- this has several variants of silent shotguns aswell as revolvers ... personal favorite atm is the silent six found @ prospectors den

Edited by alienzerox