Stealth Gameplay/Armor/Weps

scott913

I was thinking I love that instant kill assassination of the sandman perk. Why not apply that to an enemy in any position? Aka: When someone is standing if your stealth is high enough you can slit their throat or sitting whatever. I realize how hard animating is so I understand the work load this would be. Some more violent animations could be added as well such as stabbing the enemy in the back and covering his mouth and he dies or something to that effect. Of course the rate of success for this will be based on your stealth skills and melee. As for armor I have been surprised we haven't seen a Sam Fisher esk set of goggles or anything like that. That would be killer to have if you ask me. Beyond that and sticking with the sam fisher idea some stealth armor based off his suit would look pretty cool. I dont know if any of you have seen the conviction trailer but when those NSA guys/Splinter cells bust through the ceiling I have to say their equipment is incredibly bad ass. Combine this with the destructible environment mod that lets you take out light and you have some really cool stealth gameplay! What do the rest of you think?

I was thinking I love that instant kill assassination of the sandman perk. Why not apply that to an enemy in any position? Aka: When someone is standing if your stealth is high enough you can slit their throat or sitting whatever. I realize how hard animating is so I understand the work load this would be. Some more violent animations could be added as well such as stabbing the enemy in the back and covering his mouth and he dies or something to that effect. Of course the rate of success for this will be based on your stealth skills and melee. As for armor I have been surprised we haven't seen a Sam Fisher esk set of goggles or anything like that. That would be killer to have if you ask me. Beyond that and sticking with the sam fisher idea some stealth armor based off his suit would look pretty cool. I dont know if any of you have seen the conviction trailer but when those NSA guys/Splinter cells bust through the ceiling I have to say their equipment is incredibly bad ass. Combine this with the destructible environment mod that lets you take out light and you have some really cool stealth gameplay! What do the rest of you think?

Sounds great! Lemme know when it's finished =D

A good idea in my opinion is a script to run to check if the player actually has a melee weapon for sandman, and make him/her use it in the animation. It seems alot more "professional" if the player uses a combat knife instead of some knife I prepare food with.

Well the type of kill animation could be changed for different weps. Knife = throat being lacerated if you have a sword you stab them so on and so forth. I agree though, sandman in vanilla would be cooler with a combat knife. The idea I have is a bit more broad than that though ;).