TES VI

Lehcar

i m not so much worried about where and what TES VI is all about

i am serious worried bethesda is going to leave the pc players even more in the cold in favour for the consle users than they did with skyrim

because in all honesty the vanilla version of this game is actually a very medioric game buggy , full of glitches , simplifierd and in somepkaces empty because of the limitations of current and next generation consoles

while i certainly do not want to start a console / pc debate

consoles are great for platform games and FPS games and other kiddies games

I am worried that bethesda will eventually concentrate soley on the console market and leave the pc users behind

which would be very sad , indeed the majority of their profit are from console version sales , but the real succes of this franchis comes from the beauty and depth of this franchise creatated by the fans for the pc version

but as far i know never did bethesda acknowledge this fact

i dare even to say that they sometimes seems to prefer to get rid of the pc users than making their game compatible for pc

just thinking out loud on a quite morning in the office

Highly unlikely. Even the new consoles lack the interface to use the mod-tools that Bethesda provides, and they have stated that they have no intention to abandon the practice of facilitating and encouraging modding of their games (speaking specifically about Fallout and TES). Typically, the reason they have started to design around the consoles is because of the fact that they KNOW what hardware they are working with, whereas PC's have literally billions of potential hardware configurations to try and take into account.

It's not that they don't love us, it's that we're harder to work for... Howard has said that they prefer PC gamers because of the versatility that PC's offer, but from a purely business standpoint the consoles make more sense.

However, consoles are clearly struggling. This can be seen in the hardware of the new generation. My PC has been that powerful for nigh 5 years. Because they're losing ground in terms of processing power, the developers have been trying to push peripheral engagement. Smart-Glass, Kinect, voice commands and whatever those Wii things are, these are all attempts to keep the consumer distracted from the fact that, for the same price, you can get a computer that will do more and be just as powerful.

If anything, i expect consoles and PC's to become synonymous within the next 10-15 years.

Which, of course, means that we're unlikely to see a TES game as a console exclusive.

they have stated that they have no intention to abandon the practice of facilitating and encouraging modding of their games (speaking specifically about Fallout and TES).

That's a relief but you'd think it would be easier to port TO consoles FROM PC architecture, given the consoles are standard. Because doing it the other way is certain to cause issues for diverse PC configurations.

Or am I just completely failing to understand the issues here? :blush:

Edited by SayinNuthin

they have stated that they have no intention to abandon the practice of facilitating and encouraging modding of their games (speaking specifically about Fallout and TES).

That's a relief but you'd think it would be easier to port TO consoles FROM PC architecture, given the consoles are standard. Because doing it the other way is certain to cause issues for diverse PC configurations.

Or am I just completely failing to understand the issues here? :blush:

I think you're getting the jist of it... The Consoles just offer the most concrete framework to work off. It's also easier to piggyback off the design tools that Microsoft and Sony release to game developers for the sole purpose of game design.

There's also the interface... PC's tend to be more versatile, with a huge range of peripherals, from controllers to keyboards to joy-sticks etc. It's easier to port TO a PC than it is to port TO a Console, because consoles are inherently more limited. Look at Diablo 3, it's interface and gameplay had to practically be rebuilt from the ground up.

While i may think that PC's are the superior platform, and could mostly care less about consoles, i can understand Bethesda's choices from a business and technical perspective.

If Elder Scrolls Online properly takes off, (Bethesda considers it a 'proper' chapter in TES) then we might not be seeing a TES VI for a while.

Bethesda and Zenimax put a lot into developing that game but it still feels, not finished.

There's a lot of stuff that just feels incomplete, that's why I'm thinking TES VI won't see the sun anytime soon.

tl;dr might not happen, if they are making it then I hope that it's set in either Elsweyr or Summerset Isles, :ninja:

If Elder Scrolls Online properly takes off, (Bethesda considers it a 'proper' chapter in TES) then we might not be seeing a TES VI for a while.

Bethesda and Zenimax put a lot into developing that game but it still feels, not finished.

There's a lot of stuff that just feels incomplete, that's why I'm thinking TES VI won't see the sun anytime soon.

tl;dr might not happen, if they are making it then I hope that it's set in either Elsweyr or Summerset Isles,

it will never nor should it never for the sake of the TES and all its fans

TES is all about freedom to go and do what you want to do and playing in a big sandbox that can be edited to your likings

ESO is all about endless grinding levels in the same dungons over and over again so you can go and play with the big boys

Will we still have our usual 10 Races to start with at Character Creation and are the 10 Race NPC's gonna fit in the New Land, especially if its Valenwood or Summerset Isle for a Nord and an Orc.

How did Morrowind handled the other Races, because Skyrim had a nice setting of 4 Settlements for the Orcs.

Will we still have our usual 10 Races to start with at Character Creation and are the 10 Race NPC's gonna fit in the New Land, especially if its Valenwood or Summerset Isle for a Nord and an Orc.

How did Morrowind handled the other Races, because Skyrim had a nice setting of 4 Settlements for the Orcs.

Morrowind handled the other races by locking you in as born in Cyrodiil. You are shipped off to Morrowind on the Emperor's orders, so the overwhelming Dunmer population is irrelevant. There are some Imperial settlements, such as Caldera, and the Imperial Forts, but nothing like the Orc Strongholds.

Morrowind handled the other races by locking you in as born in Cyrodiil. You are shipped off to Morrowind on the Emperor's orders, so the overwhelming Dunmer population is irrelevant. There are some Imperial settlements, such as Caldera, and the Imperial Forts, but nothing like the Orc Strongholds.

that workerd for morrowind but like lachdonia stated will ut work for Valenwood or summerset isle

i doubt it

that is why i wouldn't be suprised we see either daggerfall or cyrodill back

a crodill conquered by the thalmor maybe who knows

one thing i know as long bethesda does not bow to the pressure and don't turn this franchise in a cow they can milk dry for even more maney we will have a great game in a few years