SkyUI causes delay on inventory

liane330

Hey I tried to use SkyUI and installed the script extender correctly (I think) but when I open my inventory with the SkyUI it gives me like 4-5 seconds delay before my inventory is shown which is really annoying because I open my inventory very often

I really like the skyUI already but I can't continue to play with this delay on my inventory, hopefully someone knows how to solve this

Any help is appreciated

I have no delay in my inventory. Do you happen to have alot of things in your inventory? Also posting your install path and load order (using spoiler tags) might help others assist you.

My load order is:

SkyUI

Unread Books Glow

Stones of Barenziah Quest Marker

Item Sorting

Leveling Merchant's Wallets

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches

Flexible Perk Trees

Passive Race Abilities

Better Fast Travel

Breezehome Enhanced

I have installed skyrim with Steam

My load order is:

SkyUI

Unread Books Glow

Stones of Barenziah Quest Marker

Item Sorting

Leveling Merchant's Wallets

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches

Flexible Perk Trees

Passive Race Abilities

Better Fast Travel

Breezehome Enhanced

I have installed skyrim with Steam

You don't have a lot of mods but running BOSS is always helpful. Also, like Lisnpuppy said, when you have a lot of things in a container/your inventory SkyUI will lag due to the sheer amount of items.

• 1 year later...

I've also been having this issue with Sky UI of the lag in loading the inventory as well as the papyrus ini error, and I seen to have found a solution.

I'm not super technical, so don't ask me why or how this works, but after reading probably a dozon inconclusive threads like this, I did the following:

1. Uninstalled everything (mods, Skyrim, SKSE)
  2. Reinstalled Skyrim
  3. Reinstalled SKSE
  4. Deleted the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files that for me were located at MyDocuments/mygames/skyrim. The Papyrus settings are in the skyrim.ini file.
  5. Launched the 'SkyrimLauncher.exe' application to enable it to create new .ini files.
  6. Lanched the game using 'skse_loader.exe'

I didn't get the papyrus ini error anymore and the inventory loaded as rapidly as without Sky UI.

Thought I'd share. Hope it works for you.

A delay when opening inventory is usually a sign that the SKSE scripts aren't running. You can usually fix the problem by verifing the integrity of your game cache (on the Local Files tab of the Properties menu you get from right-clicking Skyrim in Steam), reinstalling SKSE, and removing any strange INI tweaks you might have made. If you're using Mod Organizer make sure the load order for the SKSE scripts is set correctly.

• 4 years later...

I've also been having this issue with Sky UI of the lag in loading the inventory as well as the papyrus ini error, and I seen to have found a solution.

I'm not super technical, so don't ask me why or how this works, but after reading probably a dozon inconclusive threads like this, I did the following:

2. Reinstalled Skyrim
  3. Reinstalled SKSE
  4. Deleted the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files that for me were located at MyDocuments/mygames/skyrim. The Papyrus settings are in the skyrim.ini file.
  5. Launched the 'SkyrimLauncher.exe' application to enable it to create new .ini files.

I didn't get the papyrus ini error anymore and the inventory loaded as rapidly as without Sky UI.

This solved my problem. Thanks for posting!

• 3 weeks later...

well when i start new game all the skill is 1 and i use bat file to maxed all the skill and after that if i use armor or weapon it's a bit laggy so i make light armor,heavy armor,one handed and two handed become legendary then the lag decrease you should try it

(sorry for my bad english)

• 2 months later...

2. Reinstalled Skyrim
  3. Reinstalled SKSE

This solved my problem. Thanks for posting!

This worked for me too. Thank you !

• 8 months later...