SkyUI causes delay on inventory

liane330

I've also been having this issue with Sky UI of the lag in loading the inventory as well as the papyrus ini error, and I seen to have found a solution.

I'm not super technical, so don't ask me why or how this works, but after reading probably a dozon inconclusive threads like this, I did the following:

1. Uninstalled everything (mods, Skyrim, SKSE)
  2. Reinstalled Skyrim
  3. Reinstalled SKSE
  4. Deleted the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files that for me were located at MyDocuments/mygames/skyrim. The Papyrus settings are in the skyrim.ini file.
  5. Launched the 'SkyrimLauncher.exe' application to enable it to create new .ini files.
  6. Lanched the game using 'skse_loader.exe'

I didn't get the papyrus ini error anymore and the inventory loaded as rapidly as without Sky UI.

Thought I'd share. Hope it works for you.

thank you so much ir worked :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've also been having this issue with Sky UI of the lag in loading the inventory as well as the papyrus ini error, and I seen to have found a solution.

I'm not super technical, so don't ask me why or how this works, but after reading probably a dozon inconclusive threads like this, I did the following:

• Uninstalled everything (mods, Skyrim, SKSE)
  • Reinstalled Skyrim
  • Reinstalled SKSE
  • Deleted the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files that for me were located at MyDocuments/mygames/skyrim. The Papyrus settings are in the skyrim.ini file.
  • Launched the 'SkyrimLauncher.exe' application to enable it to create new .ini files.
  • Lanched the game using 'skse_loader.exe'

I didn't get the papyrus ini error anymore and the inventory loaded as rapidly as without Sky UI.

Thought I'd share. Hope it works for you.

Hey there guys, 2020, playing Skyrim SE, skse64 with more than 120 mods, had the same issue with the deplay. Worked also for me. Finnaly I can use this awesome UI <3

Thanks buddy from the past.

• 1 year later...

I've been trying a lot of stuff to overcome the AE-Mod issue. Or at least get a small subset of mods working ok. With just 4 mods I get the same 5 sec delay, so I am trying the complete overhaul suggested by gary3555. FYI all I had was

Skse (the beta version for AE)

live another life

ussep

skyui 5.2

that's all. I am using Vortex to enable stuff.

But it takes a few minutes to redownload so I will report when I get it all done. (Crosses fingers).

NOTE ADDED:

Worked like a charm! Many thanks!! I don't really see where I goofed up before, but I have always been able to make dumb invisitble mistakes!

ANOTHER NOTE: I added SkyUI Survival Mode which makes the survival mode work better...I dunno, but I did see that warmth ratings are now showing on checking inventory items and a total warmth rating is displayed. Very handy.

Edited by Bamdorf

I see this problem on occasion as well. For me though, a reinstall just isn't doable. I have a LOT of mods, and for the most part, the game runs rather well. Most of the time, inventory works perfectly, but, on occasion, something will trigger, and inventories have a delay before loading. Usually, just saving, and reloading my game, will solve the issue. Worst case, save, exit the game completely, then reload the same save, and the problem is gone again, for a while. No idea what causes it.....

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys, for me this inventory lag was because I started using SSE Display Tweaks

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34705?tab=description

(which is a must have) I love playing skyrim with a 120hz refresh rate. But anywhoo, i was running version 5.7b but recently updated to 5.9. It could have also been that i changed something I shouldn't have in the .ini file for display tweaks so i left this updated (5.9's .ini) alone.

So All i did was uninstall the old one and reinstall the newer one.

So far theres NO more inventory lag no matter how much stuff i may have crammed into a chest.

Edited by Tobias44142