ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fallout 3 Isolated Crash Zones

cardz

For some reason when I walk in places located near and around rivet city and parts of the downtown DC area in the bottom-rightish corner of the map, I get a crash. The crash is consistent every time. Example: Bailey's crossroads; When following the outcasts down the stairs to their base I crash after taking the first stair. I will upload a video if needed. Again everything works fine untill I reach a certain part of the area near the problem.

I have all the DLCs. I think the one I am about to attempt is operation anchorage.

My active mod list in order:

Fallout3.esm

HairPack.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

BlasterEquipmentPackagev1_2.esp

A6WastelandBosses1.esp

Robobomb.esp

Scrapyard.esp

GreenWorld.esp

laser_katana.esp

CUSTOM RACES.esp

DIM CUSTOM RACES V2.esp

3EFdrgplate.esp

Total active plugins: 15

Total plugins: 35

My rig: AMD phenom 9850 quad core

EVGA geforce 295 graphics

Asus M3a78-em motherboard and 3 gb of ddr2 ram

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

I just want the crashes to stop ;_; so I can actually enjoy the game.

Well somehow I got it to work but it involved messing with one of the ripped versions of the game(which sadly enuff has zero crash issues) I loaded the save and had noticed that none of my files from my retail folder were in the rip including important meshes from OA, but I left the room back into the subway and reentered forcing it to autosave twice. Then I just decided to run retail again and I actually made it past the crash! I can't explain to myself what exactly happened but I'm hoping my original copy of fallout will stay like this. (None of this is to say that I condone piracy since I clearly own the game.)

I have the same problem and Im using a retail 1.6 fallout 3 with all the DLCs. Like If i goto Underworld anytime I get close to the door, BAM crash city. Consistantly everytime. If i try to go into the Druid place up north, BAM crash. If I go into the submarine in point lookout, yes, you guessed it a crash. All of this happens everytime, even if i disable all my mods and just use the Vanilla FO3+DLCs.

I think I've narrowed down my problem... Its the DLCs. They are so bugged that when the game tries to load them they cause me to crash based on proximity... I just tried to approach the start location of the pitt where you have to travel to the distress signal. I think once a prime objective looms into view thats when i start crashing... its quite annoying

• 1 year later...
When ever i go in the underworld doors the game crashes all i have is 4 of the dlc packs"i dont have mothership zeta". I have diabled the automatic saves and it still crashes. does anyone have any idea on how i can fix this. p.s. i dont really feel like playing the dlc's 1 by 1. but if i have to i will.