Mod help needed

nonserviamgr

Hey there, Im pretty newbie to Oblivion Modding.

I saw all the cool mods and decided to play oblivion again.

I installed the following mods(in that order):

Official DLC, v1.2.0416 Patch

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

Unofficial Oblivion Shivering Island Patch

Unofficial Official Mod Patch

Quarls Texture Pack 3

OOO 1.35

Francescos leveled creatures items mod 4.5b-2518

EVE for Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul 1_3 OMOD-24078

EVE_HGEC_BodyStock and Clothing OMOD-24078

EVE for OOO 1_35 fix-42574-2-0

MMM (latest)

FCOM Convergence (latest)

All Natural 1.31

Some Unique Landscapes

I Used OBMM to install all of them and after i installed them all i run BOSS and install OBSE LOADER.

And boom game just crashes instantly on both OBSE and normal loader :sad:

Was the mod install order wrong? Whats the right install order? Why they didnt work?

Is Wrye Bash actually needed to install mods?

Please help im trying to make this crap work 2 damn days now :sad:(

Thanks a lot for answers in advance!!!

Edited by nonserviamgr

Did you install the whole whack of mods at once or one at a time and test thoroughly in between? The first method quite often ends up where you are now, the second gives a pretty good starting spot for troubleshooting (add one mod to a working game and it then stops working it's a pretty short list as to where to start troubleshooting). Some of your listed mods require adding more than one at a time, but the idea is that less is better (as few as possible and then test).

So was this a working vanilla install, fresh install, where is the game installed, Steam or disk (I'm assuming disk from your post about obse_loader.exe), is the game version updated to 1.2.0416 ... lots and lots of info required to unravel the mess.

First question: which version of Oblivion do you have?

There are two versions of the game: the Retail one, purchased as a physical disc (or discs), and the Download version (Steam, and I think there is another one downloadable version).

The Steam (and the other downloadable version) do not go well with mods. Need special troubleshooting.

And... what do you mean, you "installed OBSE_loader"? OBSE is an entire package of files, you can't install just one.

Wrye Bash is not needed for installing and managing mods if you have already OBMM. Besides, BOSS is a good tool but is not perfect.

Other than the Unofficial Patches, I don't use any of the mods you have, but to me your load order seems legit. Most likely you didn't install OBSE properly.

So, summarizing:

A) We need to know which version of the game you have

B) We need to know how did you install OBSE.

Then we will be able to roll our sleeves and start to work on your issues.

Cheers!

EDTI: as usual, while I was struggling with my Shakespearian posts, Striker jumped into the ring and slapped the arbiter in the face with a chair... I mean... went right to the center of the matter. Hugs, matey!

Edited by IkeCoast

First question: which version of Oblivion do you have?

There are two versions of the game: the Retail one, purchased as a physical disc (or discs), and the Download version (Steam, and I think there is another one downloadable version).

The Steam (and the other downloadable version) do not go well with mods. Need special troubleshooting.

And... what do you mean, you "installed OBSE_loader"? OBSE is an entire package of files, you can't install just one.

Wrye Bash is not needed for installing and managing mods if you have already OBMM. Besides, BOSS is a good tool but is not perfect.

Other than the Unofficial Patches, I don't use any of the mods you have, but to me your load order seems legit. Most likely you didn't install OBSE properly.

So, summarizing:

A) We need to know which version of the game you have

B) We need to know how did you install OBSE.

Then we will be able to roll our sleeves and start to work on your issues.

Cheers!

EDTI: as usual, while I was struggling with my Shakespearian posts, Striker jumped into the ring and slapped the arbiter in the face with a chair... I mean... went right to the center of the matter. Hugs, matey!

I have the cd version and i installed OBSE by follow instructions in readme which said to put like 2-3 files from the extracted ones in oblivion director and just run game through OBSE LOADER. I've done it before and game worked with that "install"

Edited by nonserviamgr

Did you install the whole whack of mods at once or one at a time and test thoroughly in between? The first method quite often ends up where you are now, the second gives a pretty good starting spot for troubleshooting (add one mod to a working game and it then stops working it's a pretty short list as to where to start troubleshooting). Some of your listed mods require adding more than one at a time, but the idea is that less is better (as few as possible and then test).

So was this a working vanilla install, fresh install, where is the game installed, Steam or disk (I'm assuming disk from your post about obse_loader.exe), is the game version updated to 1.2.0416 ... lots and lots of info required to unravel the mess.

Game is installed on disk and yes i installed almost all at once, with some mods only it worked. Game version is updated.

How will i troubleshoot if a mod makes the game stop working? And does the install order matter or not?

I'm like Ike in as far as I don't use any of the mods you've listed. One thing I can tell you from my time spent helping out on here ... what you are trying to install is pretty advanced territory. Install order is very important with those mods and using a bashed patch is mandatory.

Beyond that you'll need someone who has hands on experience installing that load order ... I know I'm not that guy.

I don't see a 'load order', yet, only a list of mods in the order they were installed.

I can neither see if you have Shivering Isles installed or any of the official DLCs, but you definitely installed a bunch of 'patches' which will require them 'all' to be installed and already crash your game at the Bethesda logo, if even a single one is missing.

It looks like you're going for a complete FCOM install, which, as I must sadly copy my precursors in here, I haven't yet got around to give a try myself so far.

However, this means there are an immense bunch of plugins which all have to be in the exact right order, a bashed patch is unavoidable or half of their effects won't make it into your game, and even a single mod any of these are requiring missing to be installed will lead to exactly the result you're facing now.

We definitely need a load order, or we will never know what might be missing or off here.

Could all these mods really be installed through OBMM without some optional or variations folders to end up inside your data folder as-is instead of the chosen ones' contents to go where they belong? Was everything installed correctly?

While we're still at a 'Missing Master' crash now, it'd be enough to first figure out what mistake in your load order makes it crash. Missing assets ingame from resource files being installed wrong or not at all we can take care of later, if/when you encounter them. Did BOSS per chance already throw up some errors even? With a mod list as complex as this one will be, it's always easy to miss one or two of these.

edit: Coming to think of one more thing. Especially when installing everything through OBMM after converting it into OMODs, if you activate an OMOD, all its ESPs and ESMs will automatically be checked in your plugin list, even those which are meant to be "choose only 1 of, ignore the rest", which, if I remember correctly, a full FCOM install contains quite a bunch of.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo, Walrossdodo!

Ist es möglich, dass Sie in Englisch schreiben?

Ich verstehe, dass Sie die deutsche Version des Spiels haben.

Das Mod Private Army Beta von jonisame ist nicht gut. Das Gebiet in der Nähe von Fort ist bugged und bricht das Spiel.

Außerdem, es ist sehr alt und wird aufgegeben.

Ich empfehle, dass Sie es nicht verwenden.

Gesundheit!

I almost forgot!

This kid is asking why the mod Private Army Beta is crashing his game. I Know that the area around the Fort is bugged and causes CTDs. I have recommended him to not use that mod, since it's very old and abandoned.

Cheers!

Edited by IkeCoast