Aesliip's Ring

Chimera San

This goes along with the pinned post on using an enchanted item to drain your

intelligence to zero briefly to replenish magicka. I use this technique as I usually

create charaters with the sign of the Atronach for the extra protection from spell

casters. I rencently acquired "Aesliip's Ring" and saw that it had a constant effect

of +10 willpower and +75 magicka. Nice but nothing to do cartwheels over. But then I went through my routine of draining intelligence with the enchanted item. I was in a hurry and "tabbed" into the menu to swap some inventory items. One item I put on was Aeslipp's ring. When I tabbed out of the menu I noticed the drain intelligence box fade out. Later I looked in my menu and notice that my magicka was fortified over 20,000. I used the drain intelligence enchantment and the magicka went back to normal which is 350/350 for an Breton Atronach with 100 intelligence. The drain intelligence ring I use is a bit clunky. It causes 100% weakness to magicka for 3 seconds to compensate for the Breton's 50% resistance to magicka and then drain intelligence 100 points for 3 seconds. For some reason it often doesn't drain the full 100 points of intelligence and so I have to use it twice in rapid succsesion. What I found though was that if my intelligence drained and left at least 1 point and then I went into the menu and put on Aesliip's ring, my magicka would consistantly fortify into the thousands. I've been messing around with this and it works with spells too. My results have varied from a couple hundred extra spell points to over 13 million and these points stay unless your intelligence is dropped to zero which resets everything. Anyway, I don't know how or why it works but I'd like to know so maybe I could get a bit more consistancy as I'm currently a werewolf and every morning my magicka gets reset because becoming a werewolf drops my intelligence to zero. If you want to try this, save your game and have some way to restore your intelligence because in trying differnt methods I've had my intelligence damaged. This is rare and usually only knocks of a point or ten but total intelligence wipe out is possible (I had to go buy a restore INT potion). I haven't tried this with a character that has no magicka multipliers and I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it's something to keep in mind.

Chimera San...

7/26/05

I kept working on this and believe I've found a way to get this to work fairly consistantly with pretty high returns. By the way, if you don't have Aesliip's ring, you can make your own constant effect item that fortifies magicka. A spell should work too but you may need a longer drain intelligence enchantment/spell than 5 seconds to cast it.

What you need:

1. Aesliip's Ring

2. A constant effect ring that drains intelligence 1 point.

3. A ring that drains all your intelligence except for 1 point for 5 seconds.

NOTE: If you use a character with resistance to magicka (Orc or Breton) you'll have to compensate for it to drain all but the last point of intelligence.

The Steps:

1. Drain all of your intelligence by using the 5 second ring twice in rapid succesion. This will top off your magicka.

2. When your magicka is resotred use the 5 second ring once and quickly tab into your inventory menu.

3. Put on Aesliip's ring and tab out and back in FAST.

4. Take off Aesliip's ring.

5. Put on the constant effect ring and again tab out and back in FAST.

6. Click on your stats menu and have a look at your intelligence and magicka. It should be intelligence 0 and magicka 75/0 (if you're using a character with no magicka multiplier that is).

7. Click back to the inventory menu.

8. Tab out and wait. The red block from the 5 second ring will fade leaving the red block from the constant effect ring.

9. Tab back into your inventory window to remove the constant effect ring and check your stats menu once again.

If it worked you should have a considerable amount of magicka that may range from a couple thousand points to the tens of millions and it stays as long as your intelligence doesn't get drained back to zero. I don't know what happens when you level up and your intelligence increases. Worst case is you'll lose the fortified magicka and have to get a new 5 second ring made.

No more lugging potions. Good at conjuration? Conjure up the entire list of summonable daedra and undead and have them gang up on a Rickling Raider. When the Raider kicks their butts, summon them again :-P

Chimera San...

Archived