Slave Trade Mod

FlyingHearts

I'm pretty much squealing in real life! You guys make my idea sound fantastic and I'm really, really hoping someone might make a mod along the lines of all this.

@draconisking I never thought about how much the civil war quests would effect it really. Hmm.... Silverblood jarl won't like busting his own family and neither would Maven. Possibly they themselves don't get punished but are striped of the throne or people start doubting in them and their leadership.

P.S anyone know how to rename the topic?

Thanks everyone!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that feeling.

Maybe you could make the quest happen on an island near Solstheim, after all just as you said the only living slavers in Tamriel are the Dunmer. However that would require the dragonborn DLC...

But how would you escape during the auction, that is another thing to think about. Would be nice if there would be an alternative in which you really get sold. Then maybe you get the option of replaying the quest until you manage to get out... Could be a good idea in fact, would make the quest bith interesting and hard.

how about a small hole just big enough for you to fit and at the end you can reach a chest with your gear? like in the solitude/whiterun jails? and then when you are about to be sold you have an option to fight your way out?

That would be great, however you would have to choose the right things, keep below a set amount of carry weight. If you would get over it

the guards will notice you are a little bulky around the edges lately (wearing a full dragonplate armor Under some rags might not be a good idea ^^), they will confiscate your stuff and close your passage. You might even be set apart from the other prisoners in some kind of isolation cell.

I'm pretty much squealing in real life! You guys make my idea sound fantastic and I'm really, really hoping someone might make a mod along the lines of all this.

@draconisking I never thought about how much the civil war quests would effect it really. Hmm.... Silverblood jarl won't like busting his own family and neither would Maven. Possibly they themselves don't get punished but are striped of the throne or people start doubting in them and their leadership.

P.S anyone know how to rename the topic?

Thanks everyone!

That's exactly what I meant, this quest could become one of the greater quest mods (would probably need at least the same amount of work as Falskaar however if the eventual modder would decide to make the whole investigate part).

I have another idea for a civil war based arrestation: let's say the Winterhold contact would be one of the mages, if you told the Stormcloak Jarl about it he would immediatly agree and send some of his men to capture and execute him, this would also make the rest of the quest more difficult as he won't be able to give you the information you need about the other circle members. On the other hand the Imperial Jarl would ( just like Brunwulf free winter) help you with the remaining investigation, at least the part you would have to complete in Winterhold.

But this way the Circle member would be able to escape and you would have to track him down to a hidden cave or something lost in the icy sea.

Just another couple of ideas. Could someone please tell me why my damn CreationKit has those annoying randomcrashes! I want this now! (Would perhaps start with my other ideas however, sorry ^^)

Sounds great! This mod would get pretty detailed and yeah, I guess it would take a while to make. If a Stormcloak Jarl was to immediately arrest the circle member then perhaps you could go to him in jail and talk to him there. Maybe make a few false promises, like his freedom, for information. Or maybe just skooma...

I think this mod would have a huge range of endings since it is effected greatly by the choices you make. I think towards the end, there should be this person who is right at the very, very top and he offers you a job as a circle member, making you involved in the trade and getting rich in it. If you agree then either it goes on so you are just a circle member or you get cheated by the top man and he trys getting revenge on you. I'm personally leaning over to the cheated and revenge option since it would just fit in better with the quest etc.

Sorry about your creation kit. I wouldn't have a clue as to why it's not working. Maybe try getting rid of it and then re-installing it? I've only seen videos but have never used it myself.

Yes, a nice idea for the ending. Would also be nice if during your investigations you made some wrong choices ( accusing the wrong people being one of them) and if doing so would let the trail run dry (I'm not even sure that's how you are supposed to say it, but I hope you get what I mean, It would be a "Failed" Quest). And thus you would have to live with the guilt of having innocent people imprisoned/killed/executed... It sucks to be the Dragonborn doesn't it?

Haha yeah. Maybe if it was a failed quest then later on you might enter richer households and notice some of the slaves there and maybe get a special effect called 'Guilty' or something. And to make matters worse, the slaves you helped to escape before get captured again and you have to live with that guilt too!

Nice. Now we just need a modder, perhaps a writer (I might be able to do that), a lot of different escape routes, and a lot of conséquences for everything you do. Well...Let's start

BTW: I noticed more and more people are getting interested in this, we actually did a nice job keeping this on the front page without actual bumping. The more people get interested the more good ideas you will recieve and this mod would just become really awesome.

All thanks to you my friend! When I put this up I was expecting nothing to come of it but now... now I feel all fuzzy inside!

I don't actually have Skyrim on PC but I ordered it a week ago so it's due any day now. I've played it for ages on Xbox though so I know what can/can't be done. Obviously I haven't downloaded any Skyrim mods before but I do watch tons and tons of mod showcases. I'm not sure which modders would take this on however. Maybe we could ask around? Not sure who would take our request.

And as far as modding goes, all I can do is think of the ideas and scripts but not make anything. I am planning on learning as soon as the game arrives (Bahh! I'm getting so frustrated waiting!) so I could start on (trying) to make characters. I'm going to head to some of the pro modders and see if they might want in!! :D :D :D :D

HA! I knew I wasn't the only one to buy the game for PC after finishing it at least three times on my XBOX (I got stuck on lvl 66 however, the save is too heavy for my machine now, so if I want to use a load door it takes around 10 minutes before I actually get out of the loading screen, so playing wasn't really an option anymore). But yes I also think we might have to ask around (I will reinstall my CK soon, hoping it will work this time). I'm afraid however we might be on our own for this thing (great projects strangely seem to scare people off).

Not to hijack this thread but if anyone wants to grab my Argonian mod and write a script where you can get the 70+ Argonians at the Windhelm docks to rebel and say kill Ulfric as an alternate path for the Civil Quests I think that'd be a great idea. That could be considered a slave rebellion mod. You could also have them running across Solstheim desecrating anything to do with Dunmer culture in retaliation for years of Dunmer enslavement of Argonians, so a continuation of the Argonian invasion of Morrowind.