Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2. Am I doing something wrong?

predcaliber

Hey guys, got the following question about the installing of Oblivion Character overhaul version 2.

The way I am installing it right now:

1: Installed the Oblivion Script extender manually. (got the Steam version of Oblivion Goty, so followed the Steam instructions)

2: installed Blockhead with the NMM (the page advises Nexus mod Manager)

2: installed the Character overhaul version 2 with the NMM

the only thing I am wondering is, if I need to have any body replacers? I mean I dont use any at the moment, but do I need a body replacer to get this mod working?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey, Predcaliber!

You don't need to use a Body Replacer for OCO v2 to work, the Core Files come optimized for vanilla bodies and they look really good with Nuska's textures.

Have you tested OVO v2 in-game yet?

Be sure NMM has installed Blockhead.dll in the correct folder (Data - OBSE - Plugins), some NMM users have reported that NMM placed their Blockhead.dll in different folders.

And don't forget to put OCO's esp the last on your load order, and run Archive Invalidation.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Any other fixes for this? I have the same problem. Blockhead is in the correct folder (Data/OBSE/plugins), OBSE is where Oblivion.exe is and is working fine. ArchiveInvalidation activated through NMM. Tried putting OCO's esp last in the load order.

Yet I still get "Install Blockhead" on faces... gonna have to give up I think :sad:

I do also have the Steam version but using the Steam loader version that works perfectly with Steam + OBSE.

Edited by JohnTheBomb

It's OK, got it sorted. Did a reinstall and installed everything through NMM this time. I know it greatly advises it on the description, I just installed all my other mods manually and I swear I had the textures, meshes and esp for the mod, but I guess I was missing something :S

• 2 weeks later...

SlyWolfy, the ONLY way to have OBSE run on your game (and Blockhead and all other OBSE plugin) is indeed launching the game via the obse_launcher.

If your Oblivion is the Retail Disc version, you need to edit your shortcut icon on your desktop to point to the obse_launcher and not the default launcher.

And as Striker points out, if your Oblivion is the Steam one, things get more complicated then...

Cheers!