ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Voice Acting for a mod

zlobnez

Hi!

First, I have to tell you, that I'm new into all this modding stuf, so be gentle please :whistling: .

So heres the thing:

I created a companion based on the CM Partners mod (I made Jon Snow, if anyone knows him), and I want to know something about voice acting. He is a Nord, since the Starks are originaly from the North (if anyone doesn't know what I'm takling about, rea A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R.R. Martin. Thank you :thumbsup: ), but I don't like that deep Nord voice that he uses in the greetings. Jon is a sixteen year old guy, not some fourty-year old barbarian from a Gods-know-where hidden Skyrim village. and here's the question, I want to know, if there is a way to replace the default nord greetings from CM Partners with the same greetings, just with a different voice. Could someone help me, which is the best way to record these greetings, and how to apply them just to him? If thats even possible of course.

Thank you for your time :thanks:

The latest version of the CS is broken. It will try to stop you from voice acting. As a result, very few people do it. They have to use elaborate work-arounds and few people know to do it. Some people can do something with the old CS which works (but not on new mods and Shivering Isles) and then transfer the sound files into the new CS. I can't get this to work on my computer. I suspect it is a Vista problem, but I may just not know what I am doing. Once you create sound and mouth-movement files for your mod, the mod may become so large it is hard to upload and download.

So I would say that, yes indeed, your plan is possible. It is just not easy, and for some reason you might end up giving up.

the best way to get unique voices for a character is to do the same thing they did with the emperor, Martin, and Lucien Lachance - make new lines and record them yourself, then apply them to the character. the best program for this is audacity, which is free (and safe) to download. just have to google it.