Solution to Terminals

Harabec Weathers

Ok sooooo, after going from terminal to terminal in Fallout, I learned that these things are supposedly "portable". I mean, you do find them in some pretty out of place locations after all.

But ever wondered how something like that can be remotely portable? There as thick as the old CRV moniters lol. Lets face it, terminals need a make over.

I find the idea of finding a portable ternimal that looks like a laptop to be much more immersive, and logical.

ANyone agree? Or wish to undertake?

:biggrin:

Ok sooooo, after going from terminal to terminal in Fallout, I learned that these things are supposedly "portable". I mean, you do find them in some pretty out of place locations after all.

But ever wondered how something like that can be remotely portable? There as thick as the old CRV moniters lol. Lets face it, terminals need a make over.

I find the idea of finding a portable ternimal that looks like a laptop to be much more immersive, and logical.

Yeah i agree, the terminals look very old, it would also be good to have a microsoft program on them lmao, imagine that? cause you can only go up and down on the terminals they aint much options on them. I would say the best option on them is that you can turn of a automatic turret!. Anyway you would think that now they had the war in 2077 (was it?) they would have had better computers than today, but instead they look like something from the 90's...

Yeah i agree, the terminals look very old, it would also be good to have a microsoft program on them lmao, imagine that? cause you can only go up and down on the terminals they aint much options on them. I would say the best option on them is that you can turn of a automatic turret!. Anyway you would think that now they had the war in 2077 (was it?) they would have had better computers than today, but instead they look like something from the 90's...

Haha i agree, not to mention damn near all the computers in power stations and stuff, have one and only one purpose....to lock or unlock the big steel safe a foot away from it lol.

Its settled, this game needs a laptop retex of terminals haha.

Thin, stylist, practical. Not large, heavy, and shaped like a projection tv lol

As for me, it'd kinda break immersion.. laptops wouldn't fit with the 50's World-of-Tomorrow flavor of Fallout really. The Commodore PET-esque look seems just right.

But hey I've also posted several things in the anime item request thread. ;)

Idea: Ooh! Maybe a big ol' suitcase-puter. Like the ones the bad guys always have in old movies and cartoons.

Better yet, have a replacer which replaces all terminals with huge computers that use electromagenetic tapes and can only print its output on paper. That'll be lovely. Imagine the fun of looking for the right combination of punch cards and magnetic tape just to open a door.

Using the GECK as a portable computer is neat idea, though.